4. formation B

It was a nice day.

Before heading to the common grounds, Megumi quickly scanned the ground floor for confirmation of no pink traces of hair and once he decided the air was clear, he made his way towards the cheapest food source he could think of, the vending machines.

Much to Megumi's surprise, and dismay - someone seemed to have already beaten him to it. He tried to identify the girl from her hunched back, but failed to place her momentarily.

"Kasumi-san...?" He asked, the second it dawned on him.

He was right. The blue haired girl responded by whipping her head up in surprise, her hand stuck in the opening of the vending machine. It took her a second but she did manage to place Megumi's name to his face, her eyes widening in glee and recognition.

"Fushiguro-kun! I am so happy you're here! Could you, uh," She started and then nodded to her hand embarrassedly, silently pleading Fushiguro to help pull her hand out from the machine.
"I'm an idiot, it didn't drop properly, but I put the coin twice already and I thought maybe if I reached it, it could maybe-"

Megumi put his hand up to stop her, gesturing for her to step back. It was probably ridiculous, but this was the first thing that occurred to him worth trying out.

Miwa Kasumi watched silently as her underclassman conjured up a frog shikigami technique and she watched in awe as it leapt into the vending machine, swiftly grabbing the loose Kit Kat and in the same motion, quickly returning to Megumi's shoulder, disappearing the moment it made contact.

"Okay, now try to gently pull your hand out, twist it down and then just... Yeah, kind of like that just wiggle it out." Megumi instructed awkwardly, watching Miwa's efforts to uncomfortably wiggle her hand free.

Once she was free though, she jumped up in glee, shaking her hand out, beaming at Megumi.

Megumi nodded and handed her the rescued Kit Kat.

"Don't worry, the frog didn't drool on it or anything, it should be fine." He reassured her awkwardly, carefully looking away.

"Thank you so much. Oh, I really owe you now." Miwa grinned, bowing her head down as a sign of gratitude.

Megumi awkwardly rubbed his neck, he didn't know how to react to such formal gratitude. He genuinely didn't do that much. He was just glad neither Nobara nor Yuji saw this, as he was sure they'd force him to use the technique to win them free treats every day.

"Why are you here?" He asked Miwa instead, as it occurred to him she was alone and he wasn't aware of any expected guests.

Or were the other Kyoto students here...? God, he really didn't want to see Todou today.

On the other hand, at least he wouldn't have to worry about bumping into Yuji then, Todou would keep him busy...

Poor Yuji.

"I'm here to deliver updates to Masamichi-san from the Higher ups, apparantely they've renegotiated some terms regarding 'Subject I', I don't know anything, I'm just a messenger but I've been running around the building and found no one to point me to Masamichi's office. Aaaand so I stopped here! Do you think you could tell me which floor he's on? I'd really like to really catch the next train home." Miwa explained enigmatically. He sympathised, it sounded like an ordeal.

Megumi recalled he had barely interacted with her during the exchange event, but despite her "sleeping blunder", he could tell she was serious about jujutsu and had to respect her determination.