3

(3533 words)

After that incident, Lem was much more docile than before.

He wouldn't threaten you or your brother to get what he wanted, instead just doing it. It often resulted in him hugging you out of the blue, or simply pulling you into his arms, whether he was laying down or standing or any other position. However, he would make you give reparations to him when you reacted to his prods.

It was how, three days later, you sat in between his legs, leaning on his shoulder as he gently rubs his head against yours. He reminds you of a cat.

His arms were wrapped around you, holding you to his chest as his lips form into a serene grin. Looking at him now, you wouldn't suspect his past actions; he looks far too human to have consumed them.

"You've been greatly obedient, dear. I'm impressed." He hums. "Well, past your words, but I've been dealing with those quickly." He lets out a low laugh, the quiet sound a melodious one.

"Well, when you aren't threatening my brother's or my wellbeing, I don't really feel any desire to resist. You haven't made me do anything heinous, either."

"What would you count as heinous?" He asks, resting his chin on your shoulder.

Your eyes drift up as you think. "Well, probably like... forcing me to watch you eat my brother? I can't really think of many, but I'd definitely be able to know if something's messed up when it happens."

"Don't worry, I've only thought of doing that once."

"...you've thought of doing that?" You were surprised, he just admitted it!

"Yes, but it was the second day. A little while ago. Now, I doubt I would." He murmurs that last sentence, leaving you to wonder.

"Actually that reminds me. You took my phone and laptop, but did you do the same to my clocks? If I forget to ask my brother then I won't know the time." You feel his arms loosen, instead choosing to trace small shapes into the black fabric newly covering your torso.

"Yes, I did. It makes it easier to get you to sleep."

"Oh. Am I on a regular sleep schedule?" You ask, him letting out an uncertain noise.

"Not really; it's more that you're getting more sleep than before. Which, as far as I'm aware, is good for you." Of course, there was always the added bonus of disorientation if you ever did manage to get out.

"Yeah." You sigh, fingers thoughtlessly tapping on his forearms. "I definitely wasn't getting a healthy amount before."

"No, you most definitely were not. The fact that I've had to coax you back to sleep so many times shows it." He watches how you touch his arm, amused at how you were doing it subconsciously. It was probably like the head scratches; you did it all the time with your ex, and when he interacted with you in a similar manner, you just did it out of habit.

"Really? I only remember waking up once or twice."

"Yes really. You're rather cute when you wake up like that, it's entertaining for me." Of course, searching for the last ex that you were with before was difficult. You gave him no information, and haven't let any slip, with the game your first ex belonged to being nowhere in the house. Perhaps he would have to use your brother, then?

You roll your eyes. "I have a feeling I just bury my face into a pillow and go back to sleep."

"Try my chest." He corrects, you hesitating for a moment. Well, he would have to do it soon, if for no other reason than he was impatient and didn't want the man you claimed to be your closest friend to live for any longer than necessary.