4

yes that is my whitty design

(3543 words)

Your eyes drift open, allowing you to see the bleary sections of color that made up Lem. He was sitting up next to you, a calm smile on his face as he stared into space. You shift with a small groan, sitting up and rubbing your eyes.

"Have a nice rest?" He asks, turning his head to face you. Your eyes were on your lap for a moment before shifting to meet his, slight confusion in them.

"Not really. I slept really lightly and kept tossing and turning. Where were you? I was expecting to wake up with you wrapped around me as usual." You ask, to which his smile slightly widens. It was a gentle expression, strange but not unwelcome on his face.

"Should I hug you to make up for it?" He offers, which you raise a hand.

"I'm good. Still, what'd you do?" You decline.

"I simply did something you'll enjoy." He hints, finding your confused head tilt adorable.

"Well... what is it?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.

He hums, tapping his chin. "Shall I tell you now, or let you figure it out on your own...?"

"Tell me now, please."

"Always the impatient one, aren't you?" He teases. "Well, you're lucky I'm the same."

"So?" You ask. "What did you do?"

"Well, I can't exactly release you, but your brother..." He watches the way your expression brightens, any hint of grogginess washed away. His eyelids droop as he feels a warmth settle in his chest at the sight of your relieved smile.

You let out a shaky sigh, leaning over your legs with the breath. "Thank you."

Any of the remaining irritation he felt when he realized his proxy had fallen to the same ones who had ruined his earlier plans was banished. With you beside him, what was there to fret about?

"Of course." An added bonus was the complete destruction of any chances you had of plotting an escape with an aid. "Now, we have the entire house as our domain. Shall we head out?"

"So he really was the reason why you kept me in my room." You quietly laugh, not seeing the stricken face the blonde adopted upon hearing it.

You were gorgeous.

A gorgeous man with a gorgeous laugh, and a gorgeous smile.

A gorgeous man with a gorgeous personality, and a gorgeous warmth about you.

And the gorgeous you was chained down to the insidious him.

You were his.

"You seem a bit out of it." You moved in front of him, poking his forehead and tilting his head back a bit. His previously unfocused eyes meet yours as you remove your finger from his skin, him letting his head fall into the crook of your neck.

His arms wrap around you, an unstable grin rapidly growing across his face. It only grows wider as your arms wrap around the back of his neck, resting your head against his. His expression calms down as you brush through his hair with your fingers, practically melting further into you.

Were you thanking him more?

"I can't live in the cold any longer." He murmurs. "Not when I know you're the warmth on the other side."

You feel one of his hands gently rub your back, feeling a hesitant, stuttering breath fan over your collar.

"My only place is with you..." His hand slows, resting on the surface of the cloth covering your back. "...my dearest."