right at home - good end

Only one more ending to go :)

(5242 words)

You enter to the sight of a scratched up, widely grinning Whitty, whose gaze snapped up to you. He grunts, clutching his head and stumbling back while he winces.

When he glances up at you, orange peeks through his hands, widening briefly before returning to blue.

"Lem, I'm going to-" You don't even glance at the blonde, face determined.

"Darling, darling, you don't want to kill me, do you?" He asks, hands at his chest. "For the first time, I'll be in my true form–you don't want to kill me, do you?"

You aren't able to keep the glare on your face, far too unnerved by the sight of his disbelieving grin, frantic and wide.

"He doesn't need to be the one to kill you." Lem snarls, you stepping closer to him while keeping your gaze on the man in front of you.

"Shut the hell up!" His voice was desperate, brows furrowing.

You clutched the cartridge close behind your back, a grimace on your face.

"Darling, you don't want me to die, do you?!" He steps closer, and you clench the cartridge tighter. You could see the way his face scrunched in pain, feeling the plastic slightly bend beneath your fingers.

Your grip on it loosens, and you move it to your front before dropping it. You lift your foot, slamming your heel down onto the plastic. The way Senpai shouted in pain, dropping to his knees as his hands clenched at his heart reminded you of why you hadn't broken him out during your relationship.

The pain was like getting stabbed through the chest–feeling the agony of death in order to be reborn fully human.

"Darling..." He whimpers. "Please, I can't live without you."

You bring your foot up again.

His forehead hits the ground as he curls up, hands clawing at his shirt as pained gasps escape his throat.

One last time, you slam your foot down.

The cartridge breaks, sharp plastic thankfully not cutting through your feet as you step back, wincing at the hoarse sound of the man's screams. You flinch slightly at the feeling for a cold hand resting on your shoulder before relaxing into it.

"How are we going to..."

"Can you get the handcuffs?" You ask, looking to the side to avoid watching Senpai and Whitty's split.

"Mhm." Seeing as his pocket was still active, he shifted one piece of the house into his hand, the cold metal rings connected by a center chain.

Handing them to you, he sees you close your eyes. "Can... when they're done, can you..."

"I'll inform you."

You nod, not enjoying the pained noises coming from the curled up man. His screams had turned to agonized whimpers, tears escaping his eyes and dripping onto the floor.

"Now." Lem alerts, and you open your eyes to the sight of a strawberry blonde, on his hands and knees, panting as sweat drips down his face. His eyes meet yours, the blue in them dull from exertion.

So, this is what he truly looked like?

"Senpai. Tell me. Why do this?" You ask, his head tilting down again.

"I... I can't lose you. I've been abandoned, tossed aside, but you stayed around. When you left, I couldn't take it–I-I don't ever want to be without you." He says, voice shaking. "Y/N, I love you so much, I can't just—I can't just live without you."