7

writing senpai as a pure evil character is so much fun

this is the last chapter before the endings. it's been fun writing this, and thank you all for reading thus far :)

(6530 words)

He loves you.

Truly, he does.

The depths of it were yet unrealized, but he knew he would go to extraordinary lengths if it meant you would stay in his arms.

You laid against him, held him, kissed his hand, forehead and nose...

Do you love him back?

He cares for you–he could never let himself hurt you as deeply as your first had. He wants you to be willing to accept his love, he doesn't want you to be forced to.

He's changed so much because of it; who would've thought that the same one who was on a spree of eating families of humans would be able to curl up with one, with them feeling completely safe in his grasp?

You were everything he never knew he wanted.

The way your hands cup his cheeks, the way your arms wrap around him, the way your fingers interlock with his, the way your body fits so perfectly against his...

It was almost dream-like, how well everything was ending up for him.

You were warm, you were kind, and you were all his to have.

He couldn't be more thankful to whatever forces guided him to you; his insatiable hunger seemed to be satisfied through your presence.

He couldn't let you go.

He wouldn't try and reason it out with himself–he wasn't doing this for your protection or anything else, he was doing it for his own greed. He loves you, and it was because of that that he wanted you so badly.

What he wants, he will have.

And right now, all he wants and all he has is right in his arms.

Being in the backyard was... interesting.

It gave you a good view of the sky, the moon still more yellow and large than normal and the clouds swirling masses of an inky color. The stars were missing, though.

And, it was abnormally cold, even for Winter. Still, you were placing logs and sticks into the outside fire pit, Lem aiding in gathering them from the pile you had. "It's a good thing it didn't rain too much." You absentmindedly comment.

"The thing you needed the backyard for was a... fire?" He asks as you set the final stick down.

You nod, placing a wax cube in the center and lighting it with a match. "I figured you would like one, considering how cold you are." Watching the fire spark to life with a gentle smile, you sit on the ground a few feet away, Lem standing next to you and watching it climb onto the smaller sticks.

You reach up, grabbing his hand and gently tugging down, making him look down at you for a moment before joining you on the ground. He still clasped your hand, watching as the fire grew in intensity, drawing more wood into itself. Light and warmth cast onto his form, him mesmerized by the flames.

He snaps out of his small trance as you shift, finding himself looking down as you lay your head in his lap. You let out a sigh, eyes fluttering shut.

Your face was in a peaceful expression, like you were sleeping, but the way you messed with the ends of the mantle told him otherwise.

"...Earlier." He starts, hearing you hum in acknowledgement. "You seemed like you were... reminiscing. May I ask what it was about?"