Chapter 3; Claire Curvel

I slowly opened my eyes -staring up at a white ceiling

I slowly opened my eyes -staring up at a white ceiling. I sat up in confusion, my mind still blank, groaning in pain as I squeezed my eyes shut and rubbing the sides of my temple with my hand, noticing a pain in my palms. My head felt like a weight was dropped on it. What happened? I opened my eyes, blinking tiredly as I looked around the empty room. A room I didn't recognize at all. Where am I? How did I get here?

I kicked the blankets off of me, gritting my teeth from the pain in my legs. My whole body ached as I stood up unsteadily, reaching out and holding onto the bed headboard. Thoughts began to run through my head as I got glimpses of what happened earlier. I sucked in a sharp breath and made my way over to the door only to find it locked. I backed away, tripping over my feet and making a loud stomp. I had to get away. Where was I taken to? Where was Randall?

I heard movement outside which made me bite down on my tongue and rush over to the window. Everything in my body basically screamed at me to stop in pain. I hissed at the aches all over my body, especially my pounding head and throbbing hands as I pushed it open and stuck one foot out. The door swung open as I stuck my other leg through the window.

"I really wouldn't do that if I was you," a man said behind me, a voice I surely didn't recognize. I turned my head slightly, seeing a older looking guy wearing a sheriffs outfit standing there -a warning look on his face. "That fall is pretty far down."

"Better than staying here with people who kidnapped me," I spat back. I flipped around and closed my eyes as I braced for the fall, letting go of the window without much thought. But the man was quicker than I thought he would be. I yelped in pain as my wrist popped -opening my eyes to see the man holding tightly onto my right hand, not even noticing that he probably just dislocated my damn wrist. "Let go!" I shouted out in pain. Tears immediately clouding my vision from the pain.

"That fall there will definetly break your neck and we don't need that on our hands." He argued.

I screamed in pain, my wrist feeling like it was being pulled out of its socket. "Rick what's going on!" Someone yelled below me. "Pull her up!"

"I'm trying!" The man shouted back, tugging my arm upwards which made me yelp in pain again.

I looked down, seeing a group of people below me. Some ran out of my sight, probably around to get help. Another hand grabbed onto my upper arm close by my elbow as I was reaching up, desperately trying to relieve the pain in my other arm somehow, pulling along with the man. "Let go you're hurting me," I cried out, tears still clouding my vision. I clawed at the mans hand, just wanting him to let go so I wouldn't have to keep feeling the pain from my wrist. It was excruciating.

"You tryna be suicidal gal, give me your other hand," A man with a shaved head ordered. "You're slipping!" The man that had a tight grip on my hand yelled. I swung my other arm up higher towards the other stranger, being grabbed by a woman with short brown hair unexpectedly instead. I was pulled up, falling onto the floor as the people who helped me backed away. "What the fuck was that?!" The man with the shaved head yelled.