Chapter 44; Claire Curvel

My body trembled. Something I couldn't control no matter how much I tried to clench my teeth and  tighten my muscles. I was terrified. Hell I was beyond terrified. Not even a few hours ago there was a gun pointing to my head and now I sat in a chair, tied by rope, with a man standing by the door.

The room that I sat in smelled of rust and the unmissable scent of blood. I didn't know if someone had died in here; how many at that, or what, but the smell was making my stomach churn. I would give anything to just be back at the prison, tucked away and safe in Glenn and I's cell. I would do anything to feel the safety of being with my group right now. But life isn't always so easy for me.

My head pounded against my skull, the side of my teeth biting against my cheek. The pain was the only thing I could concentrate on to make sure the urine I was holding in didn't come flowing through my pants. Because if I didn't have the little bit of courage I was still hanging onto, I would have pissed my pants by now and been left with the humiliation of it. 

I bit down on my bottom lip, turning my head to look at the dirty brick wall. I know Glenn was on the other side, I had heard him talking to the man who kidnapped us in the first place, Merle. Him and his men had separated us into separated rooms as soon as he pulled Glenn and I out the truck. 

I continued to stare at the wall, wishing it would just vanish so I could get one glimpse of Glenn. One look to know that he was alright. One moment to feel at ease to know that he was still here with me, that he hadn't left me alone in this world. One last memory of him if this was going to be my last time seeing him.

Because deep down I could feel it. I could feel that something was going to go terribly wrong. It's eating away at me to know that something is going to happen to Glenn or me. 

This is your end. That's all the voice in my head kept repeating and I honestly believed it. There was no reason not to with how things have turned out so badly.

I flinched in my seat as I heard a blade scrap across something between the thin walls where Glenn was kept. My body seemed to freeze as I tried to listen on what was being said but the way Merle's voice was, it all came out to gruff and low for me to understand with the pounding headache I had. Yet I still try to listen in on as much as I could. 

"Looks like you're struggling to mind your own business sweetheart."

I averted my gaze from the wall, snapping my head back to look at the man who was no longer by the door, but walking towards me. I squinted my eyes at him, biting down on my tongue to keep myself from whimpering. I was scared. That was something I couldn't deny, and he knew it. But I wasn't going to completely cower from him just because of that. I was not going to seem so weak so quickly.  

The man stopped in front of me, leaning down so he was eye level with me -a sadistic smirk on his face. "Bet you wish you were right there in that room with him huh," he taunted. "Actually I bet you wish you were just about anywhere but here."

I only frowned at him, flickering my gaze away from him. The only movement I could do to try to get him to take the hint and leave me the hell alone. It was getting harder and harder to keep my thighs pushed together so I wouldn't end up pissing myself.

"Hm, I'll help you listen a little closer since you're never getting out of here."

I yelped as I was yanked up, almost losing my balance as I was dragged closer to the wall and pushed up against it. The cold of the bricks made a shiver run up my spine, my cheek pressing up against the indents. I stood stiff, forgetting the man was holding me up as I could hear the conversation clearly now.

"No?" I heard Merle question.

My hands pulled against the ropes behind my back, desperately trying to pry myself free. I wanted nothing more then to strangle Merle, a man that was nothing to me hours ago, but was now the man that brought me somewhere against my will. I wanted him to die painfully and as slow as possible for putting Glenn and I through this. If he knew Glenn from before, how could he do this. Glenn was the kindest person that I still know in this world. He hasn't let it destroy him and he looks out for everyone else before himself.