Chapter 7; Claire Curvel

I limped through the woods, my head pounding, and my throat dry from thirst

    I limped through the woods, my head pounding, and my throat dry from thirst. I don't know how long I've been walking, but it was getting dark. I figured I would have been in town by now. I must have gone the wrong way though. I was feeling exhausted, and I just wanted to close my eyes. Wonder if anyone was even still looking for me. Probably not since it was too dangerous to be roaming around through the darkening sky.

I sighed, leaning against a tree.

I'm lost.

I let myself fall to my ass, my ankle feeling like it weighed a ton. I looked straight ahead of me -a walker being seen in the distance. It was pretty far from me; it'd get to me soon. I bit down on my trembling lip, taking a short shallow breathes as I held my tears back. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't you dare fucking cry. Don't cry Claire.

I squeezed my broken wrist as the tears spilled from my eyes, cascading down my pale cheeks. I squeezed harder so I could have an excuse to cry. I didn't like crying. It makes you weak and I never wanted to feel weak, but I couldn't hold the tears back this time. If this is how I die, I'm beyond pathetic then. How did I survive this long just to die like this?

"I'm lost," I sobbed out, letting my wrist go. I gripped a handful of my shirt as I sobbed loudly, my vision blurry with tears. "I don't want to die! I don't want to die!" I repeated over and over again.

I hung my head down in defeat -hearing the walker's moans getting louder. It was going to bite me, and I had no strength to fight back. Even if I wanted to fight, I couldn't move. My body was truly exhausting. I didn't want to die this way. I didn't want to be eaten and come back as one of them. I don't want that. "I'm sorry Randall..." I whispered.

I closed my eyes as the walker sounded like it was mere inches from me. I let the tears continue to fall in defeat. This is it. Way to go on getting yourself killed Claire. God, you are a stupid bitch.

I snapped my head up as I heard a thud to see the walker dead at my feet, a knife in its head. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand to get a better view as Glenn came stomping over, yanking the knife out of the walker's head.

"Claire we've been looking everywhere for you."

I jumped up, fresh tears running down my face as I limped over to Glenn and threw my arms around his torso. I fell into him, his arms slightly raised in a weird position. I held onto him tightly -not caring that my wrist was in pain from hugging him. I didn't want to let go. I could tell he didn't know what to do as he wrapped his arms awkwardly around my shoulders.

I let go, pulling away as a few tears still fell. "I'm s-sorry," I croaked out. "I was just so scared..."

Glenn sighed, his expression softening as he looked down at me. "Why'd you run from Daryl Claire?"

I shrugged. "Don't know," I lied, wiping my face with the sleeves of my flannel.

Glenn stared at me hard before turning around and squatting down a bit. "Hop on, you don't look like you can walk on that ankle right now."