Chapter 9; Claire Curvel

"So you and Glenn huh?"

I turned my head a little to get a side glance of Maggie sitting down on the porch steps next to me. I rose an eyebrow, not getting what she was saying. "What?"

"You and Glenn?" she repeated.

I turned my full gaze on her, staring at her confused as she looked at me with an amused look. "What are you talking about?" I questioned.

She smirked. "You two seem to be getting along well lately," she commented.

"Yeah, he's the only one who won't send me back to the house."

"So you two are a thing then?"

Oh. My face widened in realization, shaking my head quickly, my cheeks becoming warm as I blushed in embarassment. "Woah woah, you got it all wrong. There's nothing between me and Glenn," I corrected quickly. "I don't even think we're friends."

She nodded, staring straight ahead. "I think he likes you," she told me. "He seems to care about your well being a lot."

"Yeah well I think he's more of a jerk than anything," I admitted. He was ignoring me earlier and still is. I still don't see what his problem is.

"Well that's a little harsh."

I gasped, my face becoming hot as I let me head fall back, staring up at Glenn who stood behind me. Maggie laughed, standing up and going over to stand by Beth and Patricia. I instantly looked down at my feet as Glenn took a seat in the place Maggie was at a few seconds ago. I mentally cursed myself, mad that I had put my hair up in a ponytail so I couldn't use it to hide my cheeks right now.

I didn't dare to look at Glenn -already feeling bad for him hearing me call him a jerk. It was silent, the only talking heard was the girls behind us. "How's that ankle?" Glenn asked, breaking the silence.

"Fine," I replied back quickly.

"Glenn if you go get your hat, I'll wash it for you," Maggie suggested.

I didn't look to him to see if he nodded or not. "I'll be back, stay here," he whispered in my ear, making me tense up at how close he was. I nodded quickly as he stood up and walked down the porch steps. I sighed in relief and finally looked up at Glenn's back. Thank goodness.

"Do you know what's going?"

My attention was turned to T-Dog and Andrea as they walked over.

"Where is everyone?"

"You haven't seen Rick?" Glenn asked confused.

"He went off with Hershel," Andrea answered. "We were supposed to leave a couple of hours ago."

"Yeah you were. What the hell?" Daryl said, observing everyone as him and Carol came over.

Carol walked on the other side of Daryl. Where were they at together? "Rick told us he was going out."

Daryl looked at Carol with a weird expression. "Damn it. Isn't anybody taking this seriously? We got us a damn trail."

I stood up, catching sight of Shane walking back with guns. Why does he have so many guns? What the hell is he up to? I used the rail of the banister to hold me up as Maggie hurried down the steps.

"Oh, here we go."

I moved my way to Maggie and Glenn, leaning a bit on Maggie for support. "What's all this?" Daryl asked Shane who had a determined look on his face.

"You with me, man?" He asked, handing Daryl a shotgun.

What the hell.

"Yeah."