An Awful Train Ride with a Certain Redhead

Disclaimer...I have it memorised by now, I do not own Percy Jackson or Harry Potter. They belong to Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling.

"Do you really think there is a Giant Squid in the Black Lake?" Percy asked Harry. They both had found an empty compartment in the train and had settled there. The only other being besides the two was Midnight, who was currently enjoying Percy's lap and the hand stroking her fur.

"I don't know Perce, but knowing you, you would definitely want to meet it if there was?" Harry replied, amused.

"Of course I will." Percy excitedly tapped his feet, much to the annoyance of Midnight, who now had to go through a bumpy ride. Percy had known since he was young that he had ADHD. It annoyed Dursley's very much, which Percy secretly enjoyed.

That's when one of the Weasley's decided to show up.

"Hey, can I sit here? Everywhere else is full." The redhead asked.

Percy raised his eyebrow. He knew that the previous compartment had a few spaces empty, but decided to keep his mouth shut nonetheless.

"Sure." Harry nodded.

"By the way, I'm Ron, Ron Weasley." The redhead introduced himself.

"And I'm Bond, James Bond." Percy said as he raised his finger guns.

"Oh, hi James." Ron said.

"No, that's not what I-nevermind." Percy shook his head, drifting off to silence with a sigh. They did not understand the meaning of Pop culture. Dam these wizards.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter." Harry introduced.

"Blimey, it's really you. So you have the um...scar?" Ron leaned closer and whispered the last word.

Harry discretely looked towards Percy, who in response put the gun against his forehead and shot himself dead.

"Um...yeah." Harry parted the bangs from his forehead.

"Wicked." Ron said in awe.

"Have you tried any spells yet?" Ron asked, while at the same time munching the liquorice wands.

"None." Harry shook his head.

"A few." Percy said at the same time.

"You did?" Harry was shocked.

"Yeah, I read them in the Charms book and tried out." Percy shrugged.

"So you are a nerd?" Ron sniggered.

Percy was about to hit him but Harry interjected.

"Why don't you show us." Harry said a little forcibly than he should have.

Percy took out his wand and said, "Lumos." The wand tipped glowed a blue light.

"Nox." Percy said and the light died away.

"Amazing." Harry grinned.

"Eh." Ron shrugged.

"Please oh please master, do show us you immeasurable skills." Percy snapped. Midnight hissed for extra measure, though it was hard to say if she hissed at Ron or his rat.

"Fred told me a spell to turn Scabbers yellow." Ron took out his wand and pointed at the said rat. Then the door opened once more and a girl stepped in.

"Excuse me, have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost it." the girl asked. A bunch of 'no's' ran in the cabin. She looked at Ron and her interest peaked.

"Oh, are you doing a spell? Even I tried out a bunch and they worked perfectly fine for me. but go on." She motioned to Ron, as she sat beside Percy and opposite to Ron. Ron performed a nonsense spell which shot a spark at Scabbers, making him flee away.

"That's not a real spell." She pointed out.

"That's a shocking development!" Percy covered his mouth in fake shock. Ron glared at him in return.

"Allow me." she pointed her wand at Harry and said, "Reparo." Harry's glasses repaired in a small crack.

"Handy." Percy muttered. It was a wonder the glasses still held after the thousand times it had been broken by either Harry or Dudley.

"So you're Harry Potter," she said, "I'm Hermione Granger." She looked at Percy.

"Percy Jackson." He introduced.

"But you said..." Ron began but was cut off.

"It's not my fault you don't get pop culture reference." Percy shrugged and Hermione chuckled.

"I'm Ron Weasley, not that anyone asked." Ron grumbled away.

Harry shot Percy another look just in time to see Percy raise his other hand to the other side of his forehead and shoot himself again.

With that Hermione left, mumbling something about finding the still missing toad.

"You shouldn't eat too much sugar." Harry said as he noticed Percy's feet tapping much more than usual.

"You wound me Harry." Percy placed a hand on his heart in mock hurt.

"You become dramatic." Harry deadpanned.

"Salt on the wound." Percy mumbled.

"It's true. It becomes annoying and frankly, irritating." Ron scrunched his nose. Percy became perfectly still as he looked at Ron.

"It seems like we will not get along well." Percy stated.

"You think?" Ron raised his eyebrows.

"You should stop talking to me." with that Percy turned to the window to look at the sunset in the distance.

They changed into their robes and were escorted to the edge of the boat.

"No more than 4 in a boat." Hagrid had called to them.

Harry entered, and then Percy was about to slide in beside him but Ron cut him to it and took the spot. Giving a glare, Percy sat opposite his brother.

When they were about the middle of the lake, Percy grinned.

"There's a Giant Squid." He hummed excitedly.

"Good for you." Harry congratulated him.

"How do you keep up with him? He seems like a lunatic." Ron whispered to Harry, eyeing Percy who was dipping his hand in the water and mumbling under his breath.

"Ron, he's my friend too." Harry whispered back.

The previous night, Harry and Percy had decided to keep their identity as brothers a secret. Since Harry was already famous, Percy being his brother would mean Percy constantly being bombarded with questions about him.

"Whatever you say mate." Ron shrugged.

Hey Oh! Did you miss me? It is not much but please do give your reviews as they always delight me. Was the 'fight' scene between Ron and Percy up to your standards? Will Percy meet the Giant Squid? Next chapter will introduce us to our favourite blond in the Wizarding World. Till then.

Raven.