A Miraculous Detention

Disclaimer... I do not own Percy Jackson or Harry Potter. They rightfully belong to Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling. On with the Story...

The next day was a fairly quiet day because Percy spent it with Snape.

So far the potions were coming perfect. Percy was hardly looking at the instructions. He just felt that he should be doing this at any particular time. Snape saw this. So for the next potion, he wrote down the wrong instructions. To his surprise, Percy did not follow those. He did not even seem to notice the error. And he made the correct potion.

"Done." Percy finished the last portion. Snape walked over to him and checked it.

"Pack your stuff and go," Snape said. Percy packed up his stuff and walked up to the door. The detention didn't seem that bad as he had originally thought it would be. Although him actually enjoying the subject was a major plus point.

"And Mr. Jackson?" Snape called just as Percy was about the close the door behind him. He peaked in the classroom.

"40 points to Gryffindor." Snape ended and the door closed on its own, rendering the matter close. Percy made his way to dinner in a daze.

"How was it?" Harry asked, pity clear on his face.

"Brilliant." Percy blurted out as he slumped down beside his brother.

"How can it go 'brilliant'? You were with Professor Bloody Snape the whole day!" Dean asked in astonishment. The surrounding Gryffindors listened in too.

"I think I got 40 points for Gryffindor." Percy was still in denial, more like outright shock.

"You what?!" the twins yelled.

"Announce it to the whole world, will ya?" Percy snapped as he saw the number of students looking over at their group.

"So 20 points were taken and 40 points were given back. That means you gained 20 points from Snape in detention no less." Hermione did the maths quickly.

"You're lying, you have to be. It's Snape!" Ron scoffed.

"Fine. But don't be surprised if I gave you the 'told you' face as you see the point tally hourglass." Percy shrugged.

The next day, early in the morning, the few Gryffindors who had heard Percy's claim were standing with their mouths wide open in front of the Gryffindor hourglass, 40 extra points definitely being there.

Over here, Percy started noticing the amount of hushed talks the Trio were having. It was clear, the had found out about something during their visit to Hagrid.

Le gasp. Such a short chapter? I am very bad. But unfortunately I have to complete my Maths homework (And classwork apparently). This year I have pledged myself to not lag behind in my work, which I am failing in drastically but that is not important. As you would have guessed, because of his parentage, Percy has a great affinity to liquids and so he excels in Potions. Just because he feels a connection to the subject, it became his favourite and he tries much harder to rock at it, which in turn pleases Snape greatly. That's all for today folks. Until next time.

Raven.