Chapter Three.

Beca glared at the clock as the hand slowly ticked around, jumping every second. She was in Maths, but she wasn't in with any of her new friends, which sucked. She had no one to speak too, her desk mate wasn't the most talkative, which in a way she preferred, but she also missed being able to talk to Emily or Chloe. But it was nearly lunch time. Her thoughts were not on the lesson if she was honest, she was weirdly looking forward to spending time in the music room with Jesse. Something about him made her feel at ease, which was incredibly rare for her. She felt like she knew there was no confusion between the two, just two people who connected instantly. And she wanted to see what Jesse was like.

"Miss Mitchell!" The teacher calls, snapping Beca out of her thoughts as she jolts back slightly, looking around the room slightly dazed before focusing at the front of the class. She could see the equation on the board, and her mind raced through it quickly. "Would you like to tell me what X is?" Miss Jenn asked. Her arms folded across her chest, her eyes focused in her.

"21.5" Beca replies, a hint of smugness in her voice as she does.

"Well, you got lucky. Please try to pay attention in my class." The woman states. Beca knew her stuff when it came to any type of STEM subjects, as she was keen on becoming a neuro scientist. She didn't know why, she just knew she wanted to work with the human brain.

"Sorry Miss Jenn." Beca apologizes as she smiles sheepishly. Miss Jenn nods once before returning to the board, rubbing the equation off and writing the next one down. God this was boring, Beca thought. She was for some reason put into her class below her usual level, everything talked about up to now Beca already knew. But she didn't make a show about it, so her eyes returned to the clock.

***

It felt like eternity as Beca waited for the clock to strike noon. She had already done the tasks given to her, so she waited patiently for class to end. She ended up helping the person she was sat with, who was a guy called Benji. He seemed pretty cool, albeit slightly closed off. Beca could relate, and from the small conversation they've had, he seemed to be someone she could be friends with.

The sound of bells filled the school, as Beca felt a ping of happiness inside her from the sound. She quickly gathered all her things and headed straight out, trying to remember the way to the Music room. But, of course, she had only been here for half a day and she was lost almost instantly.

"God fucking damn it." Beca sighs to herself as she rubs her forehead.

"It's cute when the stray gets lost." Beca hears Emily from behind her, turning to see the tall girl smirking at her.

"I'm already tired of this Stray thing." Beca rolls her eyes, but Emily shrugs.

"It's a shame it's stuck ain't it. You're going to the music room, right?" Emily asks and Beca nods. "Can I walk you there?"

"Well I don't think I'm getting there on my own." Beca points out, which Emily responds with a chuckle before indicating Beca to walk with her. Beca walks in line with Emily as they walked through the halls. For the first few moments, it was filled. But people had got to where they wanted very quickly, since it was their free time and not a lesson.

"So... You wanna talk about what you told me in homeroom?" Emily asks cautiously.

"I mean... I don't mind." Beca says as confidently as she could. She wasn't sure how well she did, but she tried.

"Well I'm guessing your version of 'not normal' is the same as mine?" She asks, air quoting around the not normal. Beca takes a deep breath, quickly weighing up in her mind if to tell the truth or not.

"Yeah." Beca responds, her eyes drifting around the hallway.

"Well... Are you public about it?" Emily asks. Beca had noticed how close Emily was to her. Every step their arms brushes together, feeling their fingers clash, threatening to link up.