1

Cleo

Coming into popularity always felt like something that was so rewarding before I actually realized how problematic it would be. I was an innocent girl, coming into this industry not knowing anything about the world.

I didn't know anything about having a manager, how to handle scandals, or even how to maintain my image with being an influencer. Being a 16 year old girl and being given such an extensive platform was scary.

But I was now 17, and only just now beginning to gain media attention.

With tiktok being one of the biggest platforms of our generation, it's helped people come up from nothing and sprout into something.

It's definitely done that for me and I'm so greatful.

But it has its pros and cons.

"I can't wait for you to come out to L.A, Cleo. It's going to be the best thing ever. Me, you and Mila could go shopping on Melrose, visit saddle ranch." Nessa gushes over the phone.

"Ah yes, because sitting in a crowded restaurant filled with people is so fun." I groan, rolling my eyes.

"You're going to love it when you actually get here. I can't wait for you to meet everyone, I think you're going to like it a lot." She shrugs in the camera. "I hope so. My mother had been so skeptical about this whole trip, so her even agreeing with letting me go was the most shocking thing of all." I tell her.

"Your mother loves me. So of course she'd let you go."

"She didn't say yes because of you silly, she said yes because Mila agreed to go. You do realize she's older than the both of us." I question, to which she rolls her eyes.

"Yes the oldest, yet the most reckless. I still don't get how your mother can't trust me yet but will trust her with every bone in her body. It's not fair, I love Mama Miller." Nessa whines.

"And I love you too Nessa." My mother states after she bust in my room.

"Mother, the door says to knock before you come in. Maybe you should try it sometime."

"Imagine me knocking on a door, in my house when I pay the bills?! HA!" My mother sarcastically laughs. "Haha, so funny." I mock, yet Nessa is on the phone laughing so hard.

"Ms. Miller you're so funny."

"Nessa, baby. There's no need to kiss my ass, you're still my favorite one, if that makes you feel better." My mother states before leaving.

"What did she even come in here for... she literally walked in, messed with a few things and then left." I complain, resting my head on my hand. "Maybe she just wanted to be around you."

"Or maybe she's looking around my room because she still doesn't trust me." I roll my eyes.

"But you know why she's doing that, Cleo. She's just watching out for you. We all are. Be lucky she's even letting you leave the house with out her being there." She tells me in a stern voice.

"Not you sounding like Mila. Y'all are both annoying." I laugh.

"I'm being serious Cleo. We were scared. No one likes getting a call from their best friends mother saying that she-."

"I don't wanna hear it, Ness. Not again." I cut her off.

The room grew silent as we both didn't say anything. It soon got so uncomfortable that we both just agreed to hang up the phone and call each other later.

I hated when anyone brought up what I did a couple of months back, but I was at a low point in my life. I still am, but I've been trying to get better, for not only myself but for my mother. The past year I put her through hell, and she's always been there for me.