26

Vinnie

It had been about a week since my date with Cleo.

She's been so busy these past few days, so getting a hold of her has been almost impossible. I cant lie, it annoys me when I can't spend time with her, but I don't want to make it a big deal.

So I've been spending a lot of time with the boys at the house or at the skate park. They've been bringing these group of girls over to the house a lot this past week and if I'm being honest, its been hard not falling back into my old ways.

I would never do anything to purposely hurt Cleo, she's my best friend, my girlfriend, and I care a lot about her. But this one girl the guys introduced me to has been around, and she's good conversation. I didn't think I'd have anything in common with her, but I do. Yet Cleo always pops up in the back of my mind and I realize that I can't do that to her.

I feel like complete shit for even thinking some of the thoughts that I have when it comes to this girl, but I'd never act on it.

"What's got you all caught up in the head?" Kio says from the door way of my room, making me jump in my spot lightly.

"Nothing... Well its not nothing, its Cleo. I don't know, I haven't been able to really see her this past week because she's been busy and I understand that. So now that you and the guys have been bringing over those girls that y'all met, I started talking to one of them and we hit it off." I tell Kio truthfully.

He sucks in a breath, looking at me for a minute before going to speak again.

"Hit it off like you wanna fuck her? Or hit it off like she's cool and a distraction."

"She's a friend, just a friend. I don't wanna hurt Cleo."

"I'm just asking. But you don't look too sure. I mean Melanie is hot, I get why you feel the way you feel. But if you're able to control yourself then I don't see a problem with keeping her around as just a friend." Kio shrugs.

I don't say anything back, I just nod my head, thinking about everything that was said.

Suddenly, I grabbed my phone and started typing away leaving Kio confused.

"What're you doing?"

"Texting Melanie..."

-

Cleo

"And that's a wrap on today's episode of Keeping it a Milli with Millz! I'll see you next week." I smiled, before all the camera cut off.

The smile from my face fades almost as quick as I put it on. I let out an exasperated sigh, rubbing a hand over my face. This past week has been so stressful because I've interviewed 3 different people, collaborated with so many different brands all while still regularly posting on my YouTube channel.

Not only that, but I was doing my college work all in between my breaks, so I had no time to text back people who've been trying to contact me.

But this was all changing in the upcoming weeks because 1) it was about to be October and 2) I cleared my schedule so I could actually have time for myself.

About 2 months ago I finally had gotten a manager and she's been the biggest help to me. She's like my second mom while I'm out here in la, and she's advised me that it would be best to take a break from it all at least for a week just to recover.

I was initially against it, but like my manager does whenever I don't listen she called my mother and that woman is a force to be reckoned with.

Practically 3000 miles away from me, yet she still holds so much power of me from another state.