37

Cleo

Christmas and New Years sort of came and went as we ended off our 2020.

It was January, and now that I was all settled back in to Mila and I's apartment, I've been doing a lot of planning for the future of the podcast, working on my mental health and also hanging out with Vinnie a lot more.

It's been a lot of him coming over here or me going over to his house just to hang out like old times but without a title. It felt like we were in a relationship still because we were also up under each other, being extremely close and whatever but at any given time the two of us could say that we didn't want this and it would be over.

I try not to think of those possibilities even though I know they're extremely realistic.

Vinnie is a good looking guy, girls naturally flock to him, so I can't just expect him to not entertain them in the slightest bit, but I also can't act like that doesn't bother the fuck out of me.

However, I've been working on not letting every little minor problem bother me so we'll just see how things work out.

"Your annoying 'friend' is here to see you." Mila says from bedroom door.

"Are we talking about you...?" I trailed off, earning a middle finger from her.

"Nope, im the annoying friend." Vinnie says, popping up beside her. "Oh hey!" I smiled, getting up from my bed to come and hug him. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me in tightly as I we both stood there in each other's embrace.

I pull away when I hear Mila scoff.

"What?!"

"I come in your room all the time unannounced and I never get a hug." She complained. "Do you want a hug, Mila? I live with you, so I don't see the need of hugging you every time you come in my room. But if that's what you want, I'll be happy to give you a hug." I reasoned.

"I don't want a pity hug... I'm leaving. Have fun doing whatever it is you two do." And with that she was gone, running into her room.

"She's so dramatic oh my god." I laughed, face planting onto my bed next to Vinnie.

"I'm glad you said it and I didn't." He laughed lightly.

"So what are you doing here today. You came over a few days ago and we went out for a drive, you came over the day before that and we watched movies... what's on todays schedule?" I asked, opening up my laptop to my half finished essay.

"We'll I wanted to actually talk to you about something I've been thinking about doing. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it, I just wanna know what your opinion is on it." He tells me. I paused from my typing, sitting up on the bed now, so we were face to face. "What is it?" I say, typing away.

"Well you know Bryce agreed to do that boxing match with Austin Mcbroom and shit right?"

"Uh... yeah I've heard about it from Ryland."

"Yeah... So they want to make it like this tiktokers vs youtubers boxing match and they asked me if I wanted to be on the undercard for the tiktok side. I think I'm gonna give it a shot." He spoke.

The typing I was once doing halted as Vinnie spoke. I didn't really like the idea of him doing the fight because I thought the whole thing was stupid and dangerous. I was never one for violence, I know but hypocritical of me since I did punch Chris in the face but it was true.

"But why?" I questioned, going back to my typing.

From the corner of my eye I could see Vinnie struggling with answering the question but he spoke, soon enough.