24

Cleo

It was September, and I had started college classes.

Everything was online of course, but it added so much more stress onto my plate. I had so many assignments that I had to do within a short amount of time and I never realized how annoying it would be.

Me and Vinnie had officially been dating for a month in secret and everything was going good.

I told my mom, and she expressed how she liked Vinnie a lot and trusted that he was a good boy for me.

Mila has been spending a lot of time with Ryland and it made me happy seeing her finally move on from Chris. I knew for a while that Ryland had some feelings for Mila but because she liked Chris so much, I encouraged her to try and talk to him.

But that was the worst decision ever because all he did was hurt her.

I always feel guilty anytime I think about it, because I feel like I put so much pressure on her to go out of her way and show Chris that she liked him and it ultimately pushed him away from her. But if he didn't feel the same, the least he could do was just let her know because before anything, she was his friend who he knew he could tell anything too.

"What's got you all silent and thinking?" Mila says, coming from out of her room.

She plops down onto the couch next to me and my laptop, laying her head against my shoulder.

"I was doing some work but I got sidetracked. I was thinking about you and how I owe you an apology." I speak up.

Mila lifts her head up from my shoulder, a look of confusion evident on her face. "For what?"

"I feel bad for pushing you to pursue Chris. I had known that Ryland liked you at least some what, but he told me that it was nothing big and that it will blow over. Around the same time you told me you liked Chris, so I told you to pursue it and ultimately that got us here. You were hurt over him and I just feel like I could have prevented it, if I just told you that Ryland liked you."

"Cleo, that wouldn't have changed anything. If anything that would've put you and Ryland in a rocky position because you know how little he trust people. So for him to have told you that, it obviously meant something to him. And plus, I didn't feel anyway about Ryland until recently. I always saw him as my good friend but that's been changing as of recently."

I let out the breathe that I didn't even realize I was holding, looking over to a completely calm Mila.

"Are you sure? I just feel shitty. Especially after everything that happened with Chris a few weeks ago. It's been weighing on me."

"Of course I'm sure. And as for the Chris situation, Ryland talked to him like a week after everything. He wants to apologize to you but he's stubborn so you know how he is." Mila rolls her eyes, making me laugh to myself. "Well he won't be hearing from me until he apologizes. It was so fucking embarrassing, I'm surprised it wasn't all over the internet." I tell her.

"People were too blacked out to even notice what was going on. After you and Vinnie left it got really crazy though so me and Ryland just left before people started going crazy." Mila yawned, covering her mouth and wiping the tears that had formed in her eyes from the yawn.

"What's up with you and Ryland anyways though. Are y'all dating? Talking?"

She took a deep breath before talking, "I don't really know. I mean we're just enjoying each other's company for right now but it's weird for me still. Like I've never been put into a position where I'm talking to a guy and he's like very well known and they'll always be someone who's looking to see what he's doing or who he's dating."