Decision

After lengthy discussion with a month-long hiatus, here are the canon abilities for the Wattwings!

⚡Wattwings suffer no negative consequences from being struck by lightning.

⚡ When Wattwings are struck by lightning, they can choose to either absorb or redirect the electricity. If they are redirecting the lightning, they must have some electricity already stored. The redirected lightning could be aimed to hit whatever is needed instantaneously.

⚡ Though Wattwings can store a lot of electricity, this stored electricity is only effective for a certain amount of time. After that time, it begins to discharge and become harmless. If the Wattwings absorbs too much electricity (certain wattage), the dragon would pass out.

⚡ Wattwings have heightened smell and taste (it's better than most tribes)!

⚡ Wattwings have a third eye, which can detect when a storm is coming.

⚡ Wattwings can see in the dark (similar to Seawings). However, they can only see in shades of grey.

⚡ Wattwings have thick wings that are waterproof (water bounces off of their scales and they aren't wet in the slightest). Their wings are also large so that they can fly faster (and they are just good at flying in general). Because of this and other abilities, Wattwings are great at fighting in the rain.

⚡ Wattwings have a "static scream" that damages hearing of all who hear it (would make sick, young, and old deaf; doesn't work on Wattwings). Once used, the dragon can't speak for a bit afterwards.

⚡ Wattwings have a tail that can pierce dragons to paralyze them.

⚡ Wattwings don't have animus dragons, though there is an 8% chance that a Wattwing will have a special gene that causes their claws to attract electricity to them. These specials dragons are referred to as Boltclaws.

Thank you to everyone who brainstormed and chipped in with their opinions to decide this!