Decision

I'm sorry that this hasn't been updated in a while, but I think it's best if we move on to basically the last part of the Wattwings before they can become an "official" fantribe!

The basic ideas for how the Wattwings came to be are:

⚡ Wattwings are the product of breeding between Rainwings, Hivewings, and Leafwings.

⚡ These hybrids adapted to their climate to become modern Wattwings.

⚡ An animus thought experiment made one dragon gain powers relating to their environment, and gave the rest of those adapted hybrids the same powers.

The origin of this fantribe (simplified) is:

A Seawing animus experimented on dragon volunteers on a jungle island to create a dragon tribe adapted to this extreme climate / extreme weather.

For this task, they decided that Rainwings, Hivewings, and Leafwings would work best because they already have features to survive in a tropical setting.

The resulting tribrid(s) had a scale pattern that was similar to Rainwings and was iridescent in the sun. It also had 2 pairs of dragon (bat) wings that are very large, thick, and pointed. They possessed long spikes on their back and thin, wiry snouts. They also had a whip-thin tail that ended in a paralyzing stinger.

These experiments continued with these tribrids. However, one egg from this got struck by lightning during a storm. The dragonet seemed to have many mutations (turned on or destroyed genes) because of this weather event.

The paralyzing stinger was now concealed by two large scales, and a sail (similar to that of a Leafwing) was on its spine between the spikes. Its horns became extremely curled and it could barely stand on its legs (especially its front ones).

Even with these abnormalities, the scientist artificially made more identical dragons after determining that this dragonet was the ideal tribe for their goal. These dragons were raised by volunteer Rainwing, Hivewing, and Leafwing parents in the jungle biome.

These dragons were said to have weather powers, good fighting skills, and the ability to conduct lightning extremely well.

After this experimentation, the dragons were left to their own devices. They eventually became a whole new tribe, dubbed the Wattwings.

Thank you to everybody who helped contribute with ideas to help decide this, especially Galaxy_The_Animus for writing the majority of the summary!