-18-

Episode 9 —La Grande Illusion— {Part 2}

It was the week of the tree tapping ceremony and i was at my house getting ready along was my father

It was the week of the tree tapping ceremony and i was at my house getting ready along was my father. My father found out that jug and i were dating and he was happy about it. Jughead was like the son that he never had and they both got along. My dad did encourage us dating as younger kids, my mom would make jokes about it all the time. I was finally done and then there was a knock on the door. Jughead and i were gong to be taking my car and my father was going to be taking his own.

"Hey, Juggie." I say giving him a is on the cheek. "Hey, Jughead. How are you?" My father comes up behind us. "I am good Mr. Queen. How are you?" My boyfriend asks. "I'm good. And please call me James." My dad says. "So, you ready to go?" I ask. "Yeah, lets go." Jug says as we walk off to my car. "Be safe you two." My dad calls off as we drive off.

We arrive at Thorn Hill. Jughead and I walk off to go find Cheryl and Archie. "Also, Juggie, the blossoms will most likely call you Forsythe, instead of Jughead." I tell him as he nods in response. Then we end up finding my bestie and Archie.

"When Jason died, i thought i had trapped my last tree. Now, don't be nervous. All you have to do is hold the bucket. I will handle the rest." Cheryl tells Archie. "And all we have to do is stand there and look pretty." I tell Jughead. "Seems easy enough." The boy says. "Who are all these people?" Archie asks us. "Entre nous? They are the Blossoms board of trustees." I tell them. "They smell blood in the water." "That is why they are here." Cheryl cuts in. "They are worried that daddy is losing his grip on the company and they are looking for a way to take it away from us." "They can do that?" My boyfriend asks. "Yeah. If they all vote together, they can. When Jason died, it was a PR debacle. And now here is Polly, pregnant and unwed. It is no wonder they have descended upon us like some biblical plague." Cheryl says. We finally make our way to the group of people. Jughead and i move to the back.

"Nearly 100 years ago grandfather blossom came to the sacred Maple Grove. The annual tapping ceremony portends each seasons bounty." Clifford reads out on some sheet. "Now, I have to Perform the ceremony many times in my life. My son, Jason, when he came of age, performed it, as well, with this young woman right here." Clifford says pointing to me. "In his place, I put forth my daughter, Cheryl." Then Cheryl and Archie walk up to preform the tapping.

They sit there for awhile until Cheryl gives the crowd a smile and hammers in the spout into the tree. Everyone claps and cheers. Everyone gets to do a little tree tapping until we have to d the annual photo.

"Archibal, Forsythe, come join us before the snow starts again." Clifford calls out at the boys. Jughead runs towards me and raps his arms around me and Archie goes to stand beside Polly. After the photo is taken we all walk away.

We walk down the paths to wards my car, then we hear Mr. Blossom call our names. "Forsythe, Y/n. Now, later this week, we are hosting a banquet for the board at the Belmont Loge. It is a simple thing. A little dinner, chitchat, dancing. We would love it for the both of you to attend. After all, you do this for my family every year. Please would you join us." Clifford tells us. "Oh, i am honour, Mr. Blossom, really but..." then i cut my boyfriend off. "But noting. Juggie, please come with me. It will be fun. Please do it for me." I say trying to convince him. "Ok, sure, i will come." "Thank you i look forward to seeing you two there." Clifford says as he walks off.