Chapter 2 - Swallow Island

/ You are the universe expressing itself as a human for a little while

/ You are the universe expressing itself as a human for a little while. /
- Eckhart Tolle
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After another 2 weeks of sailing, she finally sees the island. Her hands were bleeding and full of blisters, her wounds are infected, and she was having a fever. She would really die if she doesn't reach the island in 2 more days. Every time she passed an uninhabited island, she would get fresh water and food, because obviously, the food, water, and medicine she bought at Sabaody was long gone, though the others remained. 

It was already night when the girl saw the island, she dragged the boat onto the shore and took her belongings out. She saw the lights from Pleasure Town and smiled, just.. just a bit more. She ran, hoping her consciousness wouldn't give out halfway. Once She saw an exit of the forest and the side of a house, She dropped to her knees before darkness took over.

---------------------------------------

"LAW! LAW!!" Shachi screamed and busted into the house as Penguin carried a bloody girl in his arms

"What..." Law replied as he washed the dishes.

Wolf and Bepo had gone to town after breakfast, Law was washing the dishes, Penguin and Shachi were supposed to be in the fields.

"HELP HER! SHE'S GONNA DIEEEE" Penguin shouted, about to tear up

They ran inside the kitchen, showing Law the injured girl.

"What the-" Law started, "put her on the bed, I'll be right there."

---------------------------------------

Days passed, the girl had no signs of waking up.

"Do you think she's dead..." Penguin started

"Or maybe paralyzed..." Shachi added

"Stop jinxing her." Wolf scolded

"I'm sorry." Bepo apologized

"Why are you apologizing-" Penguin and Shachi both said

Law sat silently near the bed. The girl had injuries that are weeks old, he had found injuries from gunshots as well. Was it possible that she was escaping from someone? He also felt that there was something wrong with her body, though he couldn't quite tell what was wrong.

"Alright, let's go to bed, she might wake up tomorrow," Wolf said before leaving, followed by Shachi and Penguin.

"Law..." Bepo started, "are you not going to bed?"

"I have a feeling that she's going to wake up tonight." He shook his head

"Do you need me to keep you company?"

"No, it's fine Bepo-ya. You should go to sleep." Law shook his head and Bepo nodded before taking his leave.

---------------------------------------