Chapter 7 - Two Years

/ My happiness is you

/ My happiness is you. /
- unknown
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It has been two and a half years since they set sail. The crew members increased, the crew's bounty increased, they've earned a reputation, and they've been traveling in the Grand Line for quite a while now. Law had a 200 million bounty, the marines named him the Surgeon of Death. Akira had a 150 million bounty, the marines named her Cursed Doll Akira. 

It was her birthday today, the day that Penguin and Shachi found her. She's turning 18 today.

"You're 18 now, does that mean..." Penguin wiggled his eyebrows

"Ah yes, I'm 18 now, great,"  Akira said sarcastically

"Hey, don't be like that, you're supposed to be happy and cheerful today!" Shachi danced around the sub

"He seems to be happier than you." Bepo sweatdropped and Akira just nodded

"Where's Law?" She asked

"Ohh, don't worry about him, you'll see soon!" Shachi exclaimed

"Well... ok? Then I'll just go back to my room." 

"Wait! Wait! Not yet. We have to celebrate first!"

"Celebrate what?"

"Your birthday! We've been preparing for it since this morning!"

"... is that necessary?"

"Of course it is! It's your 18th birthday!"

"... whatever makes you sleep at night." She sighed

"You changed Akira, you're becoming like Captain. NooOoOOo"

"Just... just celebrate."

"YEs!"

The crew cheered before bringing in a big, yellow, present box with the Jolly Roger on it.

"Ehem, before we start dinner, you have to open your present first." Shachi cleared his throat

"What kind of tradition is that..." Akira eyed the present box suspiciously, noticing a few holes on the side. "There's something alive in it?"

"Uh, yes."

Akira gave another quick glance to the crew before untying the pink ribbons, when she tried to open the box, the top burst open, with Law panting, his cheeks flushed and his body tied up with pink ribbons, his hair disheveled and his hat crooked. Why are his cheeks flushed? I don't know, it's either too hot or he's just embarrassed, or maybe both.

"Pfft," Akira tried to contain her laughter, "cute."

Law's blush worsened hearing her calling him cute, maybe it was worth it after all?

"Is he my present?"

"YAAAAAAAA"

"Thank you, I like this present." She chuckled before leaning in, centimeters away from Law's face.

"See no evil, see no evil." The crew mumbled to themselves as they turned around, their back facing the couple. Just in time to avoid seeing Akira giving Law a kiss on the lips, their first kiss.

"A-anyways, should I cook dinner now?" Akira backed away, blushing slightly

"Hey! U-untie me first!"

It was quite a joyful dinner Akira must say, but her birthday was probably just an excuse to party and get drunk, it happens every year with everyone. Since it was her 18th birthday, indicating she's an adult now, they partied harder. Akira was sure that everyone would be whining and complaining about their hangovers the next morning, excluding Law, since he didn't drink, a lot.

---------------------------------------

Fire, guns, operation room, screaming, experiments, dead bodies...

Akira jolted up from her bed, breaking in a cold sweat, her ears were filled with a loud ringing sound. Her head hurts, it feels like it's going to explode. She grabbed onto her head and curled herself into a ball, trying not to scream from pain. 

How long did she stay like that? She wasn't sure, but she was drenched in sweat when it ended. Akira stumbled to the bathroom, looking in the mirror, she looked like she had just returned from hell. She washed her face using the cold water, trying to calm herself down.

She looked at the clock, it was 3 in the morning, she sighed. Hoping Law is awake, she gently knocked on his door, loud enough for him to hear, but not loud enough to wake him up if he was sleeping.

"Law?" She whispered and the door immediately opened, he knows something is wrong if she called him by his first name.

"What is it? Are you ok?" He leads her into his room, checking her up and down.

"I had I nightmare, can I sleep with you?"

"Of course, don't worry." He replied, "Here, lie down, I'll be right here."

She smiled at him before falling asleep in his embrace.

---------------------------------------

A few more months have passed, Akira's condition worsened, the headache, the loud ringing, and the nightmares, she started to get nosebleeds after a few weeks since it first started, and now blood is starting to flow out of her mouth. 

It was rare for her condition to act up during the day, but sometimes it still happens. There was one time that the crew had caught her. The lower part of her face was covered in blood, gosh, it looked like she had just killed someone and ate them. But she said it was just a nosebleed, which was, partially true. So Law treated her and the incident was over, no one really brought it up anymore.

Though everyone noticed how much Akira started to zone out, and how much she would stare at the eternal log pose she had to Blackwoods.

---------------------------------------

"Captain..."

"What is it Bepo?"

"We will see the next island in a few days."

"That's good, we can get supplies there."

"The island.. is named Blackwoods."

"!!?"