Chapter 10 - The End?

/ You got the best of me, so please just don't leave me

/ You got the best of me, so please just don't leave me. /
- BTS (Best Of Me)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Isn't it annoying? We can't even die easily." Daniel said, slouching against a wall. Blood pouring from his mouth and wounds.

Akira gave him a last glance before walking away, dragging the professor as she cried in pain. It didn't take long before they entered a lab. There were chemicals everywhere, on the desks, on the shelves, in the 'fridge'.

"So?" Akira turned to the professor

"T-that... over there..." She pointed to a certain shelf, there was one little box

Akira walked over and opened it, revealing one syringe. She picked it up and examined it.

"So this is it?" She asked, bringing the syringe close to the professor's neck

"Y-yes, I only have one."

"Hm," Akira hummed

She injected the substance into the professor's neck, whose expression turned from a scared one to a horrified one. 

"Tsk, like I'd fall for your damn lie." Akira watched as the professor struggled to breathe, blood came out of her eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. It took only 5 seconds for her to stop struggling.

Akira sighed as she took the foam lying on the 'bottom' of the box out, revealing another layer of the box and another syringe. She took the syringe and injected it into her own neck. Akira looked at the keys that fell out of the professor's pocket when she was struggling before picking them up and heading back to the control room. She is free now, free from the factory, free from Blackwoods.

Akira used her powers and made the keys float into the bountied crew's cuffs, freeing them. She threw the rest of the keys on the floor, "I don't know where they kept the rest, find them and leave." She turned around, walking away without another glance.

"Why?" Law started, Akira halted

"Why what?"

"Why did you set us free?"

"Don't think too much about it, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Dressrosa."

"So you're one of Doflamingo's subordinates?"

"I wish to challenge him, that's all." She shrugged

Law forced her to turn around, their gaze meeting, "Then we have the same purpose, if you're no longer in my crew, then let's make an alliance."

"No. I said I wish to challenge him, not to defeat him and strip him away from his position."

"You wish to keep that man alive?! Do you know what he has done-"

"I know him very well Law." She cut him off, "I know him better than you do. On the other hand, you" She pointed, her index finger meeting his chest, "know nothing about him. Sometimes you have to look at more than just what he shows. I'm sorry Law, that man has already lost too much. He wasn't saved like you were, he was led onto the wrong path." Akira pushed Law's hand off her shoulder and turned around once again. "It's probably too late but please, save him." She whispered before walking away. Leaving a speechless Law behind

"I'LL SEE YOU IN DRESSROSA!!" He shouted, feeling relieved when she gave him a small wave.

"Captain..." Bepo started

"Get the crew out, we're leaving," Law ordered

"What about Akira? Is she leaving the crew?"

"For now, I guess. But she'll be back. I make sure she does."

---------------------------------------

"Damn, crossing the Red Line is still as annoying as ever," Akira grumbled as she sailed in the New World. "At least I'm the first supernova to enter the New World."

It will take a week for her to reach Dressrosa if she sailed non-stop, she was glad that she bought enough supplies at Sabaody without bumping into some people. Cough cough, Celestial Dragons, cough cough, other super rookies. 

---------------------------------------

"Fufufu~ look who we have here?" Doflamingo grinned at the girl sitting in front of him

"I thought you left to attend the execution of Portgas," Akira replied, bored

"I was leaving until you came. So tell me, how did you get in here?"

"... I just, came in?"

"Fufufu~ I see."

Silence... very awkward... silence...

"UH- ANYWAYS," Akira could not take it anymore, "I currently don't have anywhere else to stay, so I'm gonna borrow one of your empty rooms."

"Very well, do as you please," Doflamingo replied after one second of thinking. "Now, if you would excuse me. I don't like being late, fufu~"

"Hey, give me a ride." Akira's eyes sparkled, "I'll get to see Whitebeard, that's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

"Fufufu~ Don't you think you're asking too much?" Doflamingo seemed a bit pissed, but the grin still remains.

"No, not at all." She replied, shamelessly, "You have a lot of free rooms in this castle that you probably won't use. So it doesn't really matter if I stayed. Plus, you're gonna bring some men with you to sail to Marinford, so why not bring one more?"

Doflamingo raised his hand before making a weird pose with his finger. If it was a normal person, their head would probably be on the floor already, but Akira seemed to foretell this movement. As if she could see the thin strings produced by the blonde, she quickly ducked, allowing no scratch on her neck.

"Fufufufu~ I expect no less from you, Cursed Doll. Very well, you shall come with me." He laughed