Chapter 8 - Blackwoods

/ I am in love with you

/ I am in love with you. /
- unknown
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After a few days, the Heart Pirates successfully docked at Blackwoods, a gloomy island with one small city and a forest. The crew felt nervous stepping on the island, not knowing what could be coming at them, or what could be coming at Akira. 

---------------------------------------

"Hehehe, my doll has finally returned..." the middle-aged woman stared at the wanted poster in front of her, "oh how beautiful you've grown."

"How are you so sure that it's her?" The man sitting from across her questioned, "I thought you said that she was going to die?"

"Oh, she's the best thing I created after all. I'm also surprised that she's alive. Who would've thought?" The woman had a smile on her face, "Send someone and bring her back to me."

The man seemed a bit annoyed, but still nodded before excusing himself. 

---------------------------------------

"You can stay in the sub if you want, we're just gonna get some supplies and leave," Law said

"Yeah, we're not gonna take too long," Penguin added on and everyone else nodded

"Okay." Akira smiled, "Sorry to be such a burden."

"Hey! Don't say that, you're not a burden to anyone." Shachi scolded and everyone nodded again, more firmly this time

"Sorry..." Akira chuckled

"You're becoming like Bepo you know?"

"Let's go, we don't want to waste too much time here. I want to leave this island as soon as possible."

"Alright, alright, let's hurry."

---------------------------------------

The crew scattered around town, getting whatever supplies they needed. Hoping to return to the sub as soon as they can. However, they just had to bump into some unwanted trouble.

"Sorry to disturb you, pirates, but we have some business with you." The man in uniforms said, "But don't worry, we're not going to hurt you. You'll just have to come with us."

Law drew his nodachi, "I'm afraid that's a no-can-do."

"You might not want to do that, your friends' life is at stake too." The man showed him the baby transponder snail. "One notice from me, some of your friends might just lose their head."

Law growled and put his sword back, "What do you want."

"Nothing much, just come with us, that's all you need to do." The man said as another man from behind took out a sea prism stone handcuff. "Sorry, but we just have to make sure."

"..." Law said nothing, letting the men cuff him. Like what they did to the rest of the crew before taking them away to the same destination.

On the other hand, Akira was almost panicking hearing the teenage boy in front of her talk.

"So? What you say? Come with us?" He gave her a smirk, "Come on, you seriously lost all your memories?"

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about. I... I was raised in the North Blue, there's no way I've been here before." Akira chuckled nervously, tensing up in case they decide to attack her

"Oh shit," the boy laughed, "woahhh, she seriously lost her memories." He turned to the teenage girl beside him, who just scoffed, "Come with us man, your little friends are already there. You don't want them to wait long do you?"

Akira swear she couldn't be tenser, "What did you do to them?"

"Oh. don't worry little witch, we did nothing to them... yet."

"Come with us or they die, we have sea stone bullets and blades, they're cuffed in sea stone too." The girl said impatiently.

Akira was silent for a while before she nodded. As if they know she's not going to go against them, they didn't cuff her.

---------------------------------------

The different groups of men brought in the Heart Pirates crew little by little. The last one they brought in was Akira. 

It was an abandoned hospital, pretty far from the city. The crew was disgusted by the view as they stepped in deeper into the hospital. Jail cells that seem like they haven't been used in years, black and white photos of kids hanging on the wall, dried blood on the floor and walls. They shuddered at the thought of kids being kept here as prisoners, waiting to be used as guinea pigs.

Two specific pictures caught everyone's eyes. One was a young Akira, dressed in the prisoner's uniform, the number tattoo on her neck exposed, her face showed no emotions as she stared at the camera. The other one was also Akira, the picture was taken from above at an angle, she was covered in blood while holding something that looked like a pencil, around her laid three wild dogs, dead. Again, no emotions were shown in her.

---------------------------------------

The crew with no bounties were escorted into what looked like a security room. There was a TV screen in front of them, it showed a control room, with a middle-aged woman sitting there, another few men in uniforms behind her, along with 4 chairs with cuffs attached to them. In front of the control room, there's a huge, thick, glass window, showing another room. The other room was tiled, there's a surgery chair in the middle, with some sort of machine standing behind it. There was also a good-looking teenager standing beside the chair, with an earpiece inside his right ear.

After all the non-bountied crew had been escorted, the uniform men locked the door, not taking off any of their handcuffs. The crew could only watch what's going on on the TV.

After a while, Law, Bepo, Penguin, and Shachi were escorted into the control room, cuffed onto the chairs.

"Welcome, Surgeon of Death and friends!" The woman smiled, "thank you for taking care of my little doll~"

Everyone frowned, "She's not yours." Law snapped

"Oh right, she's not mine. How can I forget, she belongs to the young master, hehehe."

"The young master? Doflamingo??"

"That's right, he brought her here! He certainly wasn't pleased when he heard that she escaped."

"Doflamingo is the one, doing experiments on kids?"

"Oh no no no no, he isn't. I'm only in charge of bringing him information and supplies he needs, other than that, I'm free to do whatever I want."

"Then why did he bring her here?"

"Long story short, she was supposed to be training with him, but she pissed him off, so he brought her here. He also demanded I bring her back when she's ready. But she escaped before she was ready, gosh, she almost got me killed." The woman chuckled as the door on the other room slammed open. "Oh, you're just in time! Good job, Daniel."

The teenager glanced at the one-way mirror, he and his group cuffed Akria on the chair before taking their leave. Law growled at the side, he had wished to kill everyone here and bring her back, but the sea prism stone drained away all his energy, not allowing him to move a single inch.

"Hehehe, welcome back, H-2749. It's been a long time."