chapter 1 / sue

To fill you in, Reed and Sue never got married. They had a thing for each other but never fully pulled through with that here.

"Nice people you bring home these days, little brother." said a sardonic Sue, as she stood by the light switch and took in the sight of Johnny and some chic on the couch.

"Sue! Please-" he started.

"Out," she hissed.

Cursing as she walked back down her hall and into her room, she couldn't help but recollect on the things they've been up to the past few years.

The gang split up, like the beetles. As a matter of fact, all the gangs split up. Well, the ones on Earth at least. Xavier's school closed last year, and the Avengers have been M.I.A. too. Not to mention the Defenders, or any other superhero team. You name it, they're gone.

Reed and Ben went off and continued with their work, as for her and Johnny, they settled down on the beach in Malibu, housing in a tiny, apartment that lord who knows how she was able to afford.

Johnny still doesn't work. Spends his nights partying and at bars, as for the daytime he sleeps through hangovers, just to get up and do it all again. She really didn't know how that kid did it.

Sue however, found a job as a secretary down at Elk Grove Secondary school. Possibly one of the oddest jobs in the world. She was recognized there by others, but because of the fake name she's been under it protects her from any further investigation on it.

Down at the school, she was known as, "Allison Hartsell," along with basically anything else that consisted of a name being put on it. Her bank account, lease, drivers license, etc.

Don't even ask how she got through those hoops. (because i don't know either!!)

Crawling back under her warm sheets and comforter, she snuggled up on the right side of her bed, taking one last glance at her forever family, framed on the nightstand, before they were broken.