chapter 3 / betts'

Lightly stirring her tea as the cool breeze flowed through her purple-tinted hair, she kept her attention towards the book she was reading, still while reaching to take a sip.

"Could I get you a refill?" the waitress asked.

"No, I'm good." she replied, her British accent now becoming apparent.

The woman nodded, walking off as she kept her eyes fixed on the strange girl.

Going back to her book, she was interrupted by a commotion across the street.

On the other side, stood a mother with two children, plus what looked to be two sketchy bandits.

She rolled her eyes. This was the third time this week.

"Not again," she quietly sighed, squinting her eyes as a purple butterfly formed around her face, getting a view of the men's minds, shuffling through them as she questioned their intentions.

Finally finding their motive, she made them walk down the street towards the police station, according to their past, they've done worse than robberies.

Shutting her book, she grabbed her crossbody and left a tip on the table, adjusting her sweater as she walked off.

remember to vote and feel free to comment! it keeps me motivated and more engaged while writing <3

(and chapters will be short while i'm introducing characters)