chapter 12 / encounter 1 / "i guess we're zombie fighters too now?"

An array of little orbs came out of her fingers, clashing with the mindless zombies as they were lifted into them, Sue now in control of them, she moved them towards Psylocke and dropped them in a row, as she extended her blade and let it skewer through them. Something she'd noticed through the battle, is that the divine powers from the costume somehow enhanced her own, and she wasn't complaining.

"Woah! There's a lot of these guys!" Peter exclaimed, doing a summersault and getting back up, kicking one in the stomach and concluding the pattern by webbing it, waiting for Betsy to make her rounds on being the final finisher.

"Just a little longer guys! We're almost through!" Sue reassured, making sure everyone kept fighting and no-one got eaten.

The super soldier raised his shield with pride, as he threw it with complete strength and let it bounce off a couple zombies, sending them face-first into the ground as he began his run to catch it on the other side.

Betsy enjoyed every moment of this battle. Whether she admitted it or not, she appreciated the people around her, but also was happy to be back at it. Saving the world, once more. Just like the old times.

Running her blade through a couple more of them, then getting into their minds as she rounded them near her, then raising her psychic-knife and extending it as far as it could go, making a decent dent in the hoard. Though this was probably her most extreme strike, the beats just never stopped coming.

Peter was all sweet, cute kid on the outside. But when he put that mask on, ready for battle, and was really into it, he was astonishing. Weaving through them as he webbed away, leaving the zombies immobile, turning around as he swung back and kicked them down, letting them fall like bowling pins.

*
"So what's your deal?" Kitty asked, trying to not make it awkward between the two, considering the fact she wanted to eat him.

"Well, if we're being real here...I'm shallow ... all surface glitter and flash -- just like my stupid powers!"

"I could tell."

"Then why'd you ask?"

"Well if we're being real here..." she copied his line, "I'm trying to distract from the fact I wanna devour you at the whole."

"Um. Yeah I'll stand over here I guess." Johnny replied, taking a couple steps away from her.

"So what are you? A mutant, lab-rat...?"

"I got my powers from some blast that altered my DNA."

"Oh, you're one of those ones."

"What? Is that not normal to you guys?"

"I mean, there's cooler ways to get your powers. Like, y'know..."

"Like...?"

"Like- eh, I mean... being raised by demons and then using them to kill the demons and returning to reality?"

"That's more of a backstory than a way to get powers."

"But the demons gave you the powers, duh."

"Right... duh..."

"I can tell you hate me."

"No, it's not you, well... maybe it is but-! But that's beside my point, I hate sitting out, and Sue's powers are basically unstoppable so whenever I don't listen to her I not only get a mouthful but also get put into another one of her obnoxious orbs and-" he sighed, choosing to not continue his rave.

"Sitting out is natural, you know? At least when you sit out you don't have to babysit!"

Johnny lifted his eyebrows, and frowned. She could tell he wanted to beat her up, she was the first to admit she was annoying.

"Oh. Yeah. That's right."