chapter 2 / x's

The children from the Xavier institute were well spread out, if you'd say. Some stayed in New York, while others decided to settle down all the way in Africa.

But for Kitty Pryde, her journey had been the most difficult.

The first few months she was fine, living peacefully in the Illinois suburbs, but then the harassment started.

As soon as the public figured out the Xavier Institute was for strictly mutants and not just smart kids, people began ringing up their neighbors to go pester children who previously went there, one of them obviously being herself.

Because of this, she had to bounce around. First, she planned on setting off to California, where she stayed for not even a year before being discovered. Next on the list was New Hampshire, housing with close relatives that didn't hate her for her mutation. And lastly, where she is now, Manhattan, New York. Arguably one of the most beautiful and iconic places in the world.

A lot of them had settled across New York, rooming with each other to split the costs. But for Kitty, she was lucky enough to have no problem buying a condo, due to her own job and parents, who pitched in as well.

At the moment, Kitty's been going by her given name Katherine, making her sound more regal and less childish, more like an adult.

She's been going to college, majoring in psychology to hopefully start a career with, of course if her mutation doesn't get in the way.

Twirling the cord back around the cooled down flattening iron, she ran her fingers through her hair one last time before grabbing her books and setting off to campus.