chapter 11 / encounter 1 / halloween

As the scenery changed, so did their outfits.

"Woah..." said Peter, in awe, as he'd been put back into normal clothes, now dressed in red with a sword and mask.

As for the others, Psylocke was now wearing a black, skin-tight top with flared black jeans and a dagger, along with a star necklace that sat prettily on her neck, topped with a ratty blonde-wig.

Shadowcat was now attired in a black, torn up dress with a cape and veil, pretty curled hair and a bloody knife.

Sue was sporting a halo and lovely white dress, finished off with white shoes and a gold pendant.

Johnny was dressed as the man himself, Captain America.

And the true Captain America was wearing the outfit of a soldier, foam gun and everything.

Lastly, the Scarlet Witch wore a costume of what looked to be an ant, with little twirly bobbers made of paper and her hair in a messy braid, tying into her torn up jacket, shirt and pants.

"Yeah, uh- what just happened?" Sue asked, looking around at the group in surprise.

"You've got to be kidding me." said Betsy, taking the wig off and throwing it to the ground, stomping on it with anger.

"Know something?" asked Captain America.

"Well to the best of my knowledge I wore this on Halloween when I was seven. What about you guys?" she replied, displeased.

Looks went around the circle, each trying to remember their 7th Halloween costume.

"This is ridiculous." said Human Torch, looking at his outfit in disgust.

"Nice to know I've got a fan base out there." Steve laughed.

Johnny shot him a glare.

"Come on Johnny! Live a little!" The invisible woman laughed.

"So if we're in our costumes... that means I'm a ninja!" chortled Spiderman.

"And I'm a vampire..." Kitty said, rolling her eyes.

"And I'm... whatever my mom put me in." Wanda added, with a "yikes" look on her face.

"I must be an Angel!" Sue smiled, with a sparkle in her eye.

"Wait... if we're in costumes, then where'd our suites go!" said Johnny.

"He's right, without them some of our powers may not work to our full potential." Betsy added.

"I believe..." Steve lifted his shirt, "They're still there." showing the suit that had formed to fit his body but become unnoticeable on the outside.

"Perfect, now-"

"So what's the catch then?" Kitty asked.

"The catch?" Sue asked.

"Y'know, the catch. We're in the dream-dimension, there has to be something less innocent than seven year-olds enjoying Halloween, right?"

"The catch..." Sue repeated, pressing a couple buttons on her comm, until Strange came through, "So what's the catch on this."

"The catch will come soon. Just be aware and enjoy the gleeful spirit while you can."

"Well that helped quite a lot." Psylocke sighed.

"Let's go deeper. Maybe we can get a further understanding through that." The invisible woman replied, as the squad followed her in.

"This place seems pretty normal to me." said Spiderman, coming up alongside Sue as they looked around.

"Normal... oh that does not seem normal." Wanda said, terrified, while looking straight ahead.