chapter 9 / upon arrival

"Sue. Nice to meet you." she smiled, shaking the small brunettes hand.

"Katherine, but you could call me Kitty. It's nice to meet you too." she politely replied.

"Welcome to hell," Johnny butt in.

"This is Johnny, my brother." she sighed.

Kitty nodded, "I'm assuming you two already got the briefing?"

"Yeah. This is crazy."

"Damn right it is. Know anyone in the void?"

"The void? What do you mean?"

"Well, like- the dream-dimension. Whatever the wizard called it."

"Oh. I- I don't know yet." she lied

"Don't sweat it. We'll find out sooner or later.

"Yeah. Do you?"

"Well..." the teen sighed, "My friend went missing years ago. I hope-" she stopped, taking another breath. "Forget it."

Sue nodded, as she looked down at the ground.

"Any word on who else we've recruited?"

"No, Fury refuses to tell me. I don't know why, but I guess they'll be here soon."

"Let's hope so. I wanna hurry on with this mission, get back into the action if you get what I'm sayin'" she clicked her tongue.

"Yeah, oh, and I was meaning to ask, how's it been since Xavier's shutdown?"

"Horrible- well, in my case I may be over exaggerating but imagine being someone with like wings, immediately identifiable. We don't have that safe place anymore, the protective shield from the public. Now, it's just you're a mutant you're a mutant."

"This whole mutant situation is like-" Sue hesitantly sighed, not wanting to continue her sentence in nerve she'd say something stupid.

Kitty looked at her, pressing for Sue to continue.

"I- I lost my train of thought."

"Oh,"

"Any other mutants out there you think would be interested in hopping on with us?"

"That won't be necessary." Fury cut in, "I have hand-picked a very important group of people. No exceptions."

The three shrugged.

"Pryde, how about you come with me to get your suit. As for you, Sue, Dr. Strange has requested to speak with you."

Kitty nodded, going with Fury, as Sue turned around and was met with the caped man, who nodded for her to follow him.

"I have a couple things to discuss with you before entering." he said, as they began to walk.

Sue nodded, giving him the signal she was paying attention.

"Nightmare's illusions... they're illusions but they're still immensely dangerous. After something is done, there is no going back."

"What're you purposing?"

"What I'm saying is all choices are final. Deaths, decisions, words, and everything in between can not be reversed."

"Like real life."

"Yeah, well... I'm just warning you that before you come out of there traumatized-"

"Traumatized? How bad is this gonna be."

"It'll get freaky. And by freaky I mean, greek mythology-sirens-superhero-dead people-fairy-phoenix force-cute guys-corpses-gut turning-reality warping-dimension hopping-freaky."