Chapter 1

THIRD PERSON POV

Elizabeth had known this day would come. She had been preparing for it her entire life, and yet now that it was here she was a shaking.
But was it from fear or a hidden excitement within her? She puking tell. Or maybe she refused to acknowledge it.

"Is there anything in particular you havnt told me that I need to know now mother?" Elizabeth asked her mother as she l, with shaking hands, filled a backpack with clothes and food.

"Now let me see" her mother started walking back and forth in front of her, making her curled silver hair sway in the rays of rub coming in through the window. Her mother, the further supreme deity was truly beautiful.
"Well i do think I have taught you everything, but for good measure let's go over some important points"

'Oh no' Elizabeth inwardly sighed. She knew this could drag on.

"He's a master in the darkness bestowed upon his accursed clan, he can manipulate it at will, turn it into weapons, shields, or even armor that does not only protect him but will also enhance his power, that is called assault mode" her mother told her, her voice getting more and more angry and at last she stopped walking and Elizabeth noticed her clenched fists.
She had been told this before, this assault mode she spoke of was the mode he had used when he removed her mother from her throne and then banished her to the human realm.

Her mother then sighed and put on that kind smile Elizabeth knew so well of.
"I'm sorry I know you've all heard this before, but it will take more than strength alone to take him down. Luckily you are just as smart and brave s as you are strong, aren't you my little princess?"

Elizabeth closed her eyes and smiled as she felt her mother rub her fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead.
"Yes mother" Elizabeth whispered, her fears having disappeared.

"And because of that there are numerous ways you could do this, but I don't care how" her voice turned stern. "I don't care how, or how long it will take. Just make sure it kill the demon. The great destroyer"

That was all her mother had ever referred the demon as. She didn't know if it was because she did not know it's actual name, or if there was a pain behind actually speaking it out loud, but either way, Elizabeth had never asked, nor did she plan to.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Tomorrow?!" Her friend Diane cried as she sat in front of her.
Diane and Elizabeth had grown up in the village together and had always been the best of friends, not to say that they didn't have other great friends, such as their other girl friend Elaine.

Diane had always known of Elizabeth's agreement with her mother, but she had certainly hoped one, or both of them would change their mind when the day finally came.

Diane, nor anyone if the vilkage, knew that Victoria, Elizabeth's mother was the former leader of the goddess clan. So naturally they thought that Elizabeth was a full blood human, not strong enough to go up against a demon of the elder days.

"Yes. I've already packed and prepared myself, I just need some rest for the Journey" Elizabeth nodded and turned her head to the west. The direction of the demon's castle.

"A-are you sure you want this?" Diane whispered as tears started cascading down her face.

"What do you mean?" Elizabeth tilted her head.

"I mean...you're just a human! This isn't supposed to be your fight...I don't want to loose you" Diane raised her voice for a moment before lowering it once again and looking down at her hands folded in her lap.

"I didn't know you were this against it. You've never spoken up about it before?"

"Yeah well it's suddenly just become so much more real to me"

Elizabeth smiled sadly at her best friend and stood up to walk over to her. She then enveloped her in a hug.
"I'll be alright, I'm stronger than you think"

"Elizabeth..." Diane whined as she cried onto her friends shoulder.

"I'll be alright" Elizabeth whispered once again to soothe Diane.
And slowly it began to work.

In time Diane. pulled away and held up her pinky with a stern look her mmmmmm on her face.
Elizabeth looked between Diane's face and her outstretched pinky before she began to laugh.
"Aren't we a little too old for pinky promises?"

"You never get too old to pinky promises, we might be adults but they still work! You have to pinky promise me that I'm return in good condition!"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

The next day Elizabeth woke up to her mother's voice.
She was up before the sun. Nobody would see her leave and she should be at the demons castle at the end of the day if she kept a good pace.

Elizabeth smiled at herself in the mirror.
A tight white shirt with a golden neck that matched her short shorts. Some gray high boots, and a black coat and fingerless gloves to contrast and hide herself in.
It was a perfect match of the goddess's clothing style and stealth.

She then picked up her backpack that stood by her door and walked out to the living room where her mother stood waiting.

Her mother smiled when she saw Elizabeth and then handed her a a tiny blue glass bottle.
"Drink this, it will help your stamina"

Elizabeth nodded and drank the liquid that tasted like medicine. It made her shudder from disgust.

"It's time" her mother told her simply, and after recovering from the taste of the potion Elizabeth nodded up at her with a big smile.

"..this is it" Elizabeth stated nervously.
Even though she knew her mother was the one to want this she had expected a little more of a grim expression seeing as Elizabeth could very possibly die.
Not that she was gonna, after all she had made a pinky promise with Diane. The thought of that alone made Elizabeth smile a small and sad smile.

"Indeed it is" her mother stepped forward and kissed her forehead. A usual loving act, but this time, as it was used as a way to say goodbye, it felt very shallow and saddening.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Elizabeth didn't look back after she had left the village.
She didn't look back until she knew that she wouldn't be able to see it anymore.
There was only first as long as ehm eyes could see, and although it was beautiful it made Elizabeth feel lonely.
Lonely, but not scared. She had no reason to be scared.
She knew her mother had trained her well. Her mother knew the destroyer, so of course you wouldn't send Elizabeth to fight him unless she was completely sure she could win.

With the confidence granted to her by those thoughts Elizabeth walked faster, feeling as ready as she could be.

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

Word count: 1208