Chapter 7

THIRD PERSON POV

Meliodas didn't understand why he had run, he just knew that he had suddenly found it difficult to breathe, abs that shed She leaned in towards him he leaves in as well, he wasn't an idiot he knew what that meant, he knew that she had wanted to kiss him, but why?
Why him? He wasn't a good guy.
Besides did he feel enough to know that he for certain could reciprocate her feelings?
Did he feel anything towards her other than gratitude?
He wasn't sure.
He had never felt this way before so it was hard to distinguish war emotion it truly was.

He sighed, or was it a groan? As he slid down the wall to his left to sit on the floor where he held his head in his hands.
No matter what he was feeling he did know one thing, and that was that he wasn't right for Elizabeth, no matter what.

As soon as he that Elizabeth rounded the corner.
He didn't really understand how she could have found him so quickly.

"Where have you been?! I've been looking for hours" she said. She sounded out if breath, as if she had been running.
"I was worried"

Hours?
Meliodas blinked in confusion.
It wasn't unlike him to let time pass him by like that, but he hadn't let it happen ever since Elizabeth arrived.

"...what happened back there?" She looked down at her hands clenching the yellow fabric of her dress which she still hadn't taken off as she had been busy looking for meliodas.
"Why did you suddenly run off?"
"Because you were...we were about to do something we'd come to regret" he told her calmly as he stood up from his spot on the floor.
In truth although he was referring to the both of them he meant Elizabeth.

"What? Kissing? What do you mean by "we'd come to regret"?"

"I'm not the man you want Elizabeth"

"What are you talking about?!"

"I'm a demon!" He raise his voice. "I'm your enemy!" But he wasn't..not anymore..." I'm trapped here! I can't...I'm not the man you want!"

Elizabeth stared at him, her eyes wife and her mouth agape. It might've looked like she was giving into his words, but then her face turned serious as she walked right up to him, giving him no post to rub off to this time.
"That's not your decision to make!"

"Huh?" Meliodas blinked.

"I choose who I want! Do I deserve better? Definitely! But I don't want better...bit maybe you do..want better than me...if so can't you just come out and say it?"

"What?...
Was it really that simple?
There was no science behind finding out wear these emotions were? He just needed to know if he wanted her like she did him?
He let out a small gasp as he realized it.
He did.
He wanted her to stay here with him.
He wanted to see her every day.
He wanted to hold her abs make her smile again when she felt sad.

"Meliodas..." she spoke his babe, almost begging him to tell her the truth.

He was moving before either of them realized, his hand going into her hair, his other hand around her waist bringing her flush against his body, and then he closed the distance by finally finishing what they had started in the ballroom.
Elizabeth immediately kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck, although he could sense her surprise.

He had kissed before.
Even done more than kissing, but that was all too calm his lust.
This wasn't lust.
It was something warmer, something more meaningful, something worth holding onto.

Their lips broke apart, giving them the chance to get air, but it wound seen that the both of them immediately missed the feeling of the others lips because they quickly slammed together again, this time more rough.
They were lost in the kiss, not truly knowing was their next move would be, but they finally snapped out of it when Elizabeth was pressed again the wall and Elizabeth's hands started to wander down Meliodas's chest.
They broke apart, panting, though meliodas couldn't help but give her small pecks, never allowing her to speak.
He didn't want it to end.
He wanted to relish in this feeling forever.