Chapter 2

THIRD PERSON POV

The journey to get to the demon lasted 3 days, and although she knew that she should Elizabeth barely slept on her journey, taking only small rests here and there, but it payed off as she made it in 2 days instead of the usual 3. She thought it better to get it over with so she could get back home.

It was a worrisome atmosphere surrounding the entire land. It seemed that as she got closer the forests condition worsened as well.
When she got to where she could actually see the castle the trees were withered away, standing dead and almost blackened as if a fire had caused it.
Her mind immediately went to her mother's explication of purgatory fire, hell blaze. It only made her more sure that she was doing the works a favor by ridding it if the destroyer, the demon prince.

She lifted her gaze to the castle. It was made of obsidian dark bricks that had started to crack and fall apart numerous places. It looked like a place nobody should live.

She started walking along the wall surrounding the castle. Her idea was to find a way to get inside, either by climbing vines that grew up along the wall or finding a hole, she hadn't expected a large section of the wall to be missing, the bricks laying spread around.
It deeply confused Elizabeth how little the destroyer cared for his own safety, after all she was easily able to simply wander in.

"I can't be this lucky..." she mumbled as she went to the gates of the castle and pushed.
Sure s ugh they opened fairly easily.
It was already then that Elizabeth unsheathed her sword, expecting either guards or the destroyer himself to come for her. It had to be a trap, right?
She stood there for a while, on edge, expecting someone to jump out in front of her at any moment, but it was quiet. Eerily quiet.
Nobody was coming to fight her, she realized that so she went inside of the castles hallways, astonished by the amount of dust. She couldn't even make out the faces of the people hanging on portraits around the halls.

"It seems almost...abandoned.." Elizabeth said so herself as she reaches up and swiped her hand against one of the portraits, revealing the emotionless face of a black eyed blonde.
The symbol on his forehead was one she recognized from her mother's tellings...was it a portrait of the destroyer that she was looking at?
He looked so young, but she couldn't let that fool her, so she continued down the maze-like hallways.

It felt like she was walking around for hours, but there was no sign of anyone living within the castle, and Elizabeth found herself wondering if she was at the right place, or perhaps the destroyer had left this place. But her mother swore that he would be here...
And so, unable to fathom that her mother might've been wrong Elizabeth kept on searching.

And eventually she opened two large almost rotten wooden doors.
The first thing she noticed was the enormous size of the roll itself, but then she focused on the far end of the room and her eyes widened.

There on a stone throne sat the blonde man she'd seen on the portrait. His dark obsidian eyes were set in her, but instead of showing any anger or killing intent he just looked incredibly bored.

It had to be him.

She unsheathed her sword once more and pointed it in his direction, but even at the sight of it his facial expression nor his posture charged even the slightest.
"Are you the destroyer? Prince of the demon clan!?" She asked him, speaking with authority in her voice.

He finally straighten his back as he sat instead of sitting slumped against the arm-lean of the throne. "I used to be, not let's just say yes" he spoke, sounding just as bored as he looked, when she opened her mouth to declare why she had sought him out he interrupted her. "Yeah let her guess you're here to kill me for god knows what reason, let's just get it over with" he stood up, showing her that not only did his face look young but his height was nothing to be astonished by either.