Chapter 3

THIRD PERSON POV

The next morning arrived fast, and as Elizabeth awoke she started to cough as she inhaled a great deal of dust when she yawned.
"How does he live with this!" She punched the sheets only creating yet another cloud of dust flying into her face.
She decided that she had slept enough, and was even surprised that she was able to sleep remembering just how stressed she had been, she had even kept a dagger right next to her in case Meliodas fruit had set her up for a trap so he could kill her in his sleep.
But apparently not. At least not yet.

As she fastened her dagger to her side she looked back at yesterday with a frown. She had been au quick to become timid and obedient. Why didn't she fight more? Why didn't she put more of ah effort in?!
Her fists tightened with frustration.
She couldn't find an answer to her questions, and she couldn't even figure out if she was willing to try again.
He had handled her at her best like she was nothing. She knew full well that if he had actually whatever ti he could have killed her before she'd even knew what hit her.
The thought alone made her shiver, and she hated it.

Despite the danger she'd been in when under her mother's spell she wished to feel that confidence once again.
She hadn't ever imagined herself as chickening out of this, but the pressure of not only Meliodas not being the kind of vicious beast she expected, and her mother's blatant willingness to put her only daughter in such a grave danger didn't make it any easier for Elizabeth.
"But..." Elizabeth sighed and looked at her reflection in the shiny metal of her decorated dagger. "Maybe she didn't mean to?...or...or maybe he really is making it seem worse to make me turn on her!" Elizabeth was still somewhat i denial so she tried her hardest to make excuses for her mother's actions towards her.

Moments later Elizabeth let out a scream of utter frustration as she gripped her hair and pulled at it.
"I...I still shouldn't let this get in the way!" She yelled at herself. "Wrong or not, I was sent here for a reason! A good reason at that!"
And with that Elizabeth walked out the doors, going searching for the demon once more, and this time she found him much quicker than the day before.

He had been walking down the hallway and she turned the corner and bumped into him.
With her still fresh image in her mind of a cruel bloodthirsty demon she imagined and hate being rage that she had touched him, but instead of even commenting on it he raised an eyebrow at her.
"Are you lost again?"

How he knew that she had been lost before didn't even cross her mind.

She decided to ignore the question.
"listen demon, well I am kind of grateful for having had a good nights rest my purpose for coming g here has not changed!" She was being a little more civil this time as she explained it to him calmly.

"And that is to kill me? Am I correct?"

"Precisely" she said and gripped her dagger, but before she would do anything she had a question.
"You're not washed here-"

"I know that"

"Then why not leave!? Do yourself and everyone else a favor?"
She didn't know why she felt compassion for him. Perhaps it was because his eyes wasn't so empty after all. There was something else beneath the darkness. Something she couldn't reach, but not something she should want to either.

He said nothing. He simply stared at her as she slowly post her cool.

"Answer me!"

"No"

She gritted her teeth and then she swung with her knife, intending to stab it into his throat so he would be unable to breathe and hardly move as she gauged out his hearts.
But she didn't even realize that she had closed her eyes until she felt blood splatter into her left cheek.
'Did I do it?!' She opened her eyes and they widened as she saw that Meliodas had gen's his hand up and that the dagger ran straight through, and her his face still didn't change.