Chapter 6

THIRD PERSON POV

—two weeks later—

It had been two entire weeks since Elizabeth had confronted meliodas and practically forced him to at least try and open up to her, and he was certainly trying his best. Even Elizabeth could take notice of that.
But his best still wasn't great, but ever as he struggled Elizabeth found herself intrigued more by him.
The things kept secret from her, and all the lies she had been told. She needed to know wat was eye and what was false.
"Is it true that you demons never sleep?" She asked as she dusted a table off, something she had convinced Meliodas needed to be done, although he wasn't very good at cleaning and mostly just watched her, but that was fine.

"What?" He asked and Elizabeth shivered when she felt his breath on the  back of her neck. He hadn't realized how close he was to her.

"Do you sleep?" She asked her question once more, trying her best  to ignore their closeness.
"After all you get your strengt from the moon right? So you have to be awake, don't you?"

"Not exactly...I knew people who, as you said didn't sleep. They slept during the day instead, but for the most part we demons are able to stay awake much longer than any of the other races, going days without rest" he explained calmly, but Elizabeth noticed the sadness in his voice, ever present, but especially now.

"Still, it must've been exhausting" she tried to put herself in his shoes, and then shivered again when he sighed, this time he noticed, but raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"It was..."

It was short and simple conversations like that that helped Elizabeth understand, although she always wanted to know more, and she let him know that.
"Thank you for answering..it's strange" she turned around to face him, pretty much forcing him to take a step back to not have their noses touch.

"What is?"

"Still the fact that I came here as your enemy, but I enjoy these small conversations more than I ever thought possible, but sometimes i wish they'd last longer"

"Nice try"

"No really" she smiled, genuinely, and almost as a small child Meliodas found himself trying to imitate her expression. It wasn't bad, but it was still a very small smile. Nevertheless, Elizabeth's eyes widened.

"That's the first time I've seen you smile...you should do it more often, it suits you"

"Uh..." he gave a small nod. "Okay"

Elizabeth found herself staring again. Meliodas was definitely handsome, with his wild but charming blonde hair, his big eyes, and the fact that he was muscly did nothing to quench the charm either.

"Is something wrong?" He asked when she had been staring for a while.

"No" she blushed and turned her bag to him again. "Nothing"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Going into his room late at night he looked at his bed with a raised eyebrow. His conversation with Elizabeth stirred memories within him, and he began to realize that despite being stuck here was terrible there was also many times he took for granted.

His father had been ruthless, never letting him sleep if he could find just the smallest excuse for him not to, and of course, at a castle the size of his there always was.

Meliodas then turned to the mirror on the wall.
It was broken, creating multiple reflections. He had smashed it in a fit of rage, one of the days where he hated himself more than anyone or anything.
Hating the sight of himself.