Chapter 4

THIRD PERSON POV

After meliodas had left Elizabeth in the library, only yearning for even more of the truth to be revealed to her she started to skim through the books in the shelves, finding books that she definitely wanted to read and immerse herself in, but currently Elizabeth was driven by another purpose.

Maybe she couldn't find a book about Meliodas, but there had to be books or journals of the demon clan itself. And perhaps even the goddess clan...but she found nothing.
It was frustrating but she would admit that it wasn't actually that much of a surprise.
So she let out a puff of air and gave up, therefor sitting down in the floor with one of the books she had picked to read at a later time, but since her quest for answers had failed that time was now.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

She had been completely immersed in the storyline of the book, so much so that she hadn't even noticed Meliodas walk inside with a small tray of food.

"What are you reading?"

Elizabeth let out a Yelp and then a sigh as Meliodas had managed to sneak up on her two times now.
She moved her book upwards so that he could see the title.

"That one huh? I suppose it is quite interesting" he mumbled and set the tray of food next to Elizabeth, though she paid it no mind.

"Wait, you've read it?" She sounded surprised. The other men in her village didn't read, some even thought that it was a waste of precious time.

"I've read nearly every book in this library, though not all, some are in foreign languages" he told her, and only then noticed her surprised look.
"What is it?"

"Oh I...I just didn't take you for that kind of guy"

"I've been trapped in this castle for 300 years. I needed to pass the time"

Elizabeth did a double take.
"300 years?!"

"Yes"

"But that's..." Elizabeth slumped back against the bookshelfc making her back ache.
"That's horrible"

"And I who though you hated me"

"I do hate you!" She was quick to say. "But I do have a heart!" She tried to defend herself and meliodas just shrugged and told her to start eating.
"Where'd you even get this food? The lands so barren..."

"I am lucky enough to still have an affective greenhouse"

'So he has green fingers too...' she thought to herself, and she began to realize that perhaps she didn't yearn for answers to his his past and his sins, perhaps she was more interested in leaning who meliodas had become after 300 years of total solitude.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Elizabeth walked through the hallways, a small stack of books in her arms that she was taking to her room, but as it so often happened Elizabeth became lost.
She sighed as she had no idea where she was, but that would soon change as she looked up and saw the hallway of dusty portraits. The ones that had been right by the entrance of the castle.

She quickly found the portrait that she had let her have glide over that day, still remembering her own surprise when she realized that the demon she was supposed to kill looked like that.

She sat the books down on the floor and bright her hand up besides Meliodas's face.
She remembered that he had told her about a brother, so when the dust fell down she wasn't surprised to see a boy almost identical to meliodas, but instead of messy blonde hair he had spiky black hair.
She couldn't help but wonder what his name was, and why he hated meliodas.