Chapter 5

THIRD PERSON POV

Elizabeth spent the next couple of days really trying to break through Meliodas's shell but no matter how hard she tried he confined to be emotionless and even trying to get away from her when he approached him.
It infuriated her to no end.

"What is your problem?!" Elizabeth shouted at him as soon as she spotted him at the end of the hallway.
He flinched before coming to a stop having his spectrum to her still, he looked at her over his shoulder as she approached him I want to start before him he turned around fully with an arched eyebrow.

"What?" He actually seemed confused as he turned to look at her.
She was at least happy that he didn't seem angry at her this time.

"You're the one who wants me here aren't you? You're the lonely depressed demon!"

"Now hold on-"

"But you don't exacly act like im welcome!" She calmed down. "I can leave, go back home and lie to my mother. Telling her i killed you"
There was a hint of surprise edged into Meliodas's facial expression.
"Im not saying you don't deserve to be killed! I'm just saying...okay I don't know what I'm saying!"

"Don't...don't do that" he sighed.

"Why not?" She asked him, but he was quiet. But instead of looking like he wasn't gonna answer he seemed to truly think hard of way to say next.

"Because...I suppose you were right" Meliodas said, but the look on his face revealed that it was probably something he didn't want to say at all.

"Excuse me?" Elizabeth tilted her head to the side not expecting such a response from him.
She had expected to be shut down like she was the day he brought her her food.

"I might have been a little lonely here...and you're not...boring"

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" Elizabeth raised an eyebrow but tried to ignore the fact that she was deep dish grateful for his compliment.

"Please don't read too much into it" he sighed.
"I havnt spoken to anyone in 300 years...and then suddenly you come and I find just talking freely about things i shouldn't"

"Do you mean your curse?"

Meliodas was quiet for just a moment before he nodded, but said nothing else.
But Elizabeth was also quiet, feeling the guilt well up inside of her, having made him talk about it.
But eventually she let out a frustrated sound and sat down in the ground against the wall where she hung her head.
"Why couldn't you just have been like my mother said?" She shook her head. "It would have made this so much easier"

Meliodas looked at her, his eyes speaking of a silent sorrow ever growing inside of him.

Much to Elizabeth's Disney he just stood there, unmoving for what felt like an eternity.
She wanted to him say something, to do something, but even she didn't know what. But when he finally sighed and sat down next her she figured that that was fine.

They sat there on the floor in complete silence, each contemplating their fears and regrets and future.

"I still don't like you you know..." Elizabeth mumbled, breaking the silence.
She looked dead ahead, not wanting to face him, but because if that she smiled the small smile forming his face. The first time he had smiled in years.

"Of course"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

After that confession Elizabeth had Meliodas genuinely tried to find common ground and learn about each other, but Elizabeth tried to stay clear of the most sensitive topics, but it seemed that no matter what, Meliodas's life had always been a living hell.
Elizabeth had asked a lot of questions, so meliodas felt as though he should also ask her some, after all matter how little Elizabeth thought she knew about him he knew even fewer things about her.