Chapter 9

THIRD PERSON POV

The days had never gone by slower, at least in Elizabeth opinion, but finally she recognized the forest she'd trained in, the creak where her and Diane had played, and the rough forests paths leading to her village.

When she stepped beyond the trees she stood in a hill overlooking part of the village.

It used to be so lively, people out walking everywhere and booths with everyone's favorites foods or goods, now the village almost seemed deserted.

"What's going on here? Where is everybody?" She wondered as she walked down the hill and entered the village.

She went to the nearest door and knocked, so concerned that the village for some reason had been deserted.
She knew that the door she knocked on was to the residence of a kind old man named Cain.
She stood anxiously and waited in front of the door, but nobody answered.
She sighed and was ready to go to Diane's place, at least hoping that she was still there, but then there was a loud creaking sound above her.
She looked up to see that none other tan sir Cain had opened a window, slowly peaking out.

"Who goes there?" He said warily.

"It's me sir Cain, it's Elizabeth" she quickly said, not understanding why he seemed to be leaking mistrust, but then as she said her name he gasped, almost tearfully.

"My goodness! Elizabeth!"

The window then shut and Elizabeth was left confused for a few moments until she front door in front of her finally opened up.
Cain ran out with tears in his eyes.

"My goodness! It is a miracle you are alive!"

Elizabeth's eyes widened.
Perhaps time had seemed to go by quick for her, but she didn't realize that so long had passed that worry had turned to a sure belief that she had died.
Guilt welled up in her as tears suddenly threatened to spill over.

"Oh you poor girl!" Cain kept on weeping.
"Let me take you to everyone"

"Wait, everyone? Where are they?"

"I believe they are preparing"

She didn't know why but as he said that a chill ran down her spine.
She had a real bad feeling about this.
"P-preparing for what, sir Cain?"

"Lets just say that demon will never hurt anyone ever again, much less you, so no need to worry"

"What?! Sir Cain lead me there" she said urgently.
Staying away for so long had been a mistake.
She should have Jeg people know she was safe sooner.
Now they thought that Meliodas had hurt her.
They probably believed she wouldn't be the last one she was going to hurt.
They were all terrified.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Cain led her to the center of the village, and even from afar she found hers people shouting.
It was as if they were rallying up.

She had previously been walking quietly next to cain to match his pace but now she couldn't help but throw everything in her arms and run to the group.
But they all stood in a circle and she didn't know how to get in the middle to be heard.

"-and he will pay for ever touching my daughter!"

More shouting of agreement sounded, but she was able to air out that the voice rallying them up was her mother.
She shouldn't be surprised.

"Mother!" She tried to call the shouting made her impossible to hear further into the circle, although the ones she was standing just behind d noticed her.