𝗶 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗲 ❦

╔═══════════════╗
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
╚═══════════════╝

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫ linger - the cranberries ♫☽༓・*˚⁺

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

     "Hey, everyone," Allie began the long-awaited speech, "Um...I just...I'll keep it brief. I just wanna...give you an update on everything. Um...everything that's happened."

     Rose-Mary instantly recognized the nervousness Allie was feeling as she addressed the teenagers. She struggled with forming coherent sentences and a stutter became very noticeable. This had been happening to Allie a lot lately; especially since Cassandra died.

      "There was an arrest this morning," Allie explained, and the entire church began whispering in surprise. "Greg Dewey." More chatters were heard.

      Harry squeezed Rose-Mary's hand tightly; she wasn't sure if this was in reassurance, anxiety, relief, or all of the above.

     "We're keeping him in an undisclosed location until we figure out what happened, you know, if there was anyone else involved," Allie explained. "We're taking care of him. Making sure he has everything he needs. Cassandra...I know she would have wanted that, so..."

      The entirety of the crowd was silent, unsure how to feel. Greg Dewey was their classmate, their neighbor, their peer. Most of them had know the young boy since childhood, and to think that he could be a murderer was a hard pill to swallow.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

       After the meeting in the church, Rose-Mary decided to go back to her house and help the Guard with Dewey. She had realized that the brute force and stupidity of teenage jocks could lead the prisoner into a compromising situation, so she needed to act as a reasonable mediator.

      However, her trip back to her house was cut short when her shaggy-haired boyfriend, the one she was trying to avoid, had caught up to her. It wasn't like she was mad at him or anything. After all, he had done what she asked; telling Gordie about what he had heard. Rose-Mary was simply aching with anxiety over the whole pregnancy ordeal. What the hell were two teenagers in a town without adults supposed to do with a baby?

      "Rose-Mary, wait up!" He lightly grabbed her arm, and she hesitantly stopped in her tracks.

      "You're avoiding me," Harry said as he looked into her nervous eyes.

      "I'm not avoiding you."

      "Then why wouldn't you wait for me? I always walk you home," Harry asked.