𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 ❦

╔═══════════════╗
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
╚═══════════════╝

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫  champagne problems - taylor swift ♫☽༓・*˚⁺

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫  champagne problems - taylor swift  ♫☽༓・*˚⁺

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

      There was a feeling of anxiety in the air of the courtroom the next morning; this would be the day the unprepared and naive teenage jury members would decide Gregory Dewey's fate. Nothing could have prepared them for this obligation — they were a group of 16-18 year olds who seldom did their own laundry, let alone participated in murder trials. Rose-Mary's heart ached for them. Her job was quite simple — write down what was being said for documentation; not much thought went into it. The jury had someone's life on their hands.

As she sat at the same desk she had the day before, Rose-Mary fiddled with the silver ring on her right hand, one that had been gifted to her by her mother for her 16th birthday. She twisted it around her long fingers, feeling the cold metal engraved with "I love you endlessly -M."

The modest jewelry brought the young girl's mind back to the proposition given to her the night prior — marriage. She truly hadn't thought about that idea until Harry mentioned it. She hadn't realized that — if the teens couldn't find their way back home — she would have to face the biggest moments of her adult life without the support of Lisa and Jeremy Holbrook.

      Who would walk her down the aisle?

      Luke, probably.

      Who would be there to help her pick out a wedding dress?

      Elle and Becca would have to suffice.

      Who would her baby have as grandparents?

      No one.

      That final thought struck Rose-Mary deeply; her baby wouldn't be able to meet their grandparents — stories and pictures and memories would be the only understanding the child could get.

      The sound of a heavy wooden door closing brought Rose-Mary out of her trance. Her attention was turned to the 17-year-old Judge Pressman that sat at the front of the courtroom.

      "Do you have a verdict?" Allie spoke clearly and solemnly into the microphone as she faced the jury.

      A nervous-looking freckled girl slowly nodded her head, almost reluctantly.

      "You want to...?" Allie questioned, implying for the nervous girl to stand up and read the decision.

      And so she did, brushing off her neatly-ironed blue dress as she stood.