2 | Makin' up Stuff

I FEEL MY STOMACH rumble angrily as I'm dragged through many, many halls. I'll admit, this place is pretty fancy - but it seems a little old-worldly for my taste. Gritting my teeth at the sheer amount of pain I'm in because of the stupid guards, I anxiously await until I'm face to face with the leader of this joint - I can't wait to give them a piece of my mind.

'I swear to the creator if you don't loosen your grip on my arm, you will never see sunlight again!' I threatened, smirking as I felt the guards grip loosen on my bicep. This victory was short lived as the hand clenched down harder than before, obviously not taking kindly to my threat, 'does hurting me make you feel stwong?' I say in a baby voice, batting my eyelashes up at the guard, who didn't spare me a glance.

'Yes.' He answered in a matter-of-fact tone, the guard on the other side of me shooting him a look.

'That sounds reportable. Something-something, abuse of power?' I gasped dramatically. My heart raced as we approached the large wooden doors, which kept the fancy theme through its design. The doors themselves looked as if they were made of mahogany, having carvings of a man with a big ass beard sitting on a big ass throne; it also had golden accents on its hinges and door handles. Two more guards stood post at the door (oh my god how many do you need? I saw like 12 on the short walk from wherever the hell we were) and moved to open them upon our approach. The room was golden in hue; with, like, a million sets of stairs to the throne. Which was also golden. And massive. There were another bundle of guards lining up a path to the base of the stairs, which is excessive honestly but whatever. Standing (and not sitting for some reason even though a chair was right there?) was a round man that was undoubtedly Odin. For creators sake...

'Oooo girl, you do not look like your pictures.' I blurt out accidently as I'm dragged to the base of the throne. I heard muffled laughter, quickly covered by a cough from one of the guards and sent a wink towards him as I was forced to my knees on the admittedly gorgeous floors.

Shortly after I was brought in, the man whose cell I jumped in, was escorted into the room, taking his place beside me sporting a neutral expression. I give him a little wave, which he ignores. Rude, much?

'Who are you, child?' Odins booming voice demands, his voice shaking the walls in anger, 'how dare you break into our dungeons and attempt to free our most dangerous criminal?'

I threw on my cheesiest grin, opening my arms wide as I turned my gaze from the black-haired man to the man with a plan. I stand, which caused the sound of a bunch of weapons to be drawn and aimed at me.

'Odin!' I said with false happiness, kind of singing his name a little bit, 'oh how I've missed you, come give your favourite little burdesnirk a hug!' I grinned wider - if that were possible - and went to take a step forward to him. I, of course, am just making up words at this point. This turned out to be a bad idea, which it seems like I never learn from, as I feel a guard kicking the back on the knee and slamming my head into the ground, placing their knee into my back as they held my face to the floor with their palm.

'Oof!' I groaned, 'saving the king from a step, how chivalrous, you should be promoted to supreme guard,' I wheezed, my lips squished against the floor. I heard snickering from the wise guy beside me; whether it was me being in pain or not I will never know.

'Odin, I do not even know this person.' Wise guy said innocently, holding his cuffed hands up in defence, which was waved off by Odin. I gave the guy a thumbs up and a strained nod. Good job, very believable. Odin gestures for the guard to get off me, thank creator.

'To be honest, don't even know who this guy is, met him like two seconds ago,' I breathed out, the air returning to my lungs, 'my name is Nyx, formerly Hermes, formerly yo mama, and I just made a little boo-boo while escaping from some other losers from nunya.'

'Nunya? I have not heard of this place.' Odin replies, falling into my trap.

I clear my throat, 'Ah yes, that would be Nunya Business.' I heard a laugh from the guy beside me and a muffled laugh from the woman who was at the base of the stairs – who is probably Frigga now that I properly look. Didn't even notice her down there, to be honest. I turned and gave the guy finger guns and a wink, 'pretty good, huh?'

'ENOUGH!' I hear Odin roar as he slammed his staff onto the floor, a thundering boom erupting from his outburst, 'You have poorly trespassed Asgard and have threatened the safety of the nine realms in your foolish attempt to free Loki. You have committed treason against Asgard and for this I condemn you to life in the dungeons.'

'Wouldn't I have to be a citizen to commit treason?'

"Get her out of me sight immediately. Return Loki to his cell."

Groaning, I feel that same guard grip my arm in the same spot, with just as much force as he had done beforehand and yanked me towards the door and in the direction of what I assumed to be the dungeon.

After being thrown onto my face in my brand-new home, I flipped my hair in annoyance and looking to my left and saw Loki being escorted - very nicely - into his cell. Fucker.

"I've met many versions of Odin and in everyone he's a Garflesnuff. But you, Loki, you're new." I told him immediately, not caring if the guards heard. Making up more words, I hide a smirk at his confused face.

"What are you chattering on about?" he says in irritation, clearly not understanding what I'm talking about.

I hum, "you know, a Garflesnuff."

"A 'garflesnuff'?" he begins in disbelief, "what, are you mad?" he asked incredulously as he simply stared at me in shock.

Nodding, I grinned at him, "I mean, yeah, but did anyone say that was a bad thing?"

'I admit, your little scene with Odin today were amusing, however I do not care for you.' he assured me, stepping closer to the field as a glare graced his features, "I could kill you in a second, mortal."

'I like your laugh.' I told him, ignoring his threats as I smiled at him warmly. A brief look of shock filtered over his features before his face hardened, 'I also don't think you "care for me", just making conversation, lol'.

He glowered at me, 'speak again and when I escape you shall be the first pitiful mortal I dispose of.' Loki promised, his fists clenched, before turning back to me, 'did you just say lol?'

Aww, he was embarrassed that he has a cute laugh. That's adorable.

I tried to stop myself from annoying his further, but I just couldn't help it, its in my nature to annoy. Probably. I can't really remember much, not that it really matters – the world is my oyster.

'Yeah, maybe I did.  you a bit of a Bandergore, huh?'

Loki punched the forcefield, relishing in my reaction. I had flinched, my arms quickly covering my head as my breathing began to quicken rapidly - so much so that I didn't even notice the small amount of regret in his eyes as he looked at me.

__

[26/03/2021] - not edited.

13/09/23 - rewrote biatchesss also probably edited