19 | Bro, Shut Up

NYX WAS BEGINNING to understand the basics of hand-to-hand combat. Three days after the incident when she was relatively healed, Nyx's original trainer returned (the extent of their injuries were greatly exaggerated) and had began some high intensity training that had lasted a good couple of weeks now. After hearing Nyx's concerns, the trainer had thought that Jiu-Jitsu would be a good fit for the woman - and they were right. 

Nyx, not that she would tell anyone, was secretly proud of her progress. She was now able to defend herself and spar with her trainer for longer than 5 minutes before losing. Nyx was only really learning to defend herself for a couple reasons; to satisfy Fury and to learn a new skill. While she was a pacifist and had nailed the art of running away, if Nyx wanted to stay with Loki she had a feeling she would be able to need to know how to defend herself. She couldn't just keep throwing lucky punches when her fight response emerges.

"Now you're getting it," her trainer commented proudly, watching as she clumsily performed the move, her body tired from this mornings training, "keep training and you'll be a stellar agent!" they encouraged, giving the girl a thumbs up.

"I don't want to be an agent!" Nyx said irritably, her brows furrowed in annoyance. 

Nyx was beyond tired. Her muscles were burning and although she was happy she was finally being trained properly (being taught actual moves instead of just getting beat up when she first started), she just wanted to go back to bed. The 5 a.m. training everyday was a special kind of torture for Nyx, but Loki seemed to be enjoying it - no matter how much he paraded around saying he was in agony because of Thors' oafishness.

"This bloody sucks, Fury sucks nads - and why do I have to go on missions anyways?" the disgruntled girl wheezed, not used to having to use her other muscles, previously relying on being a zoomy girl. She wasn't weak per se, but she wasn't the strongest tool in the shed either. 

The trainer crossed their arms, "since you're Loki's tag along, you'll have to go with him and his supervisor on missions, where you could get attacked," they chided, crossing their arms in annoyance. 

"I could just outrun them, duh," Nyx drawled, getting back into stance and facing the trainer, her form sloppy and tired.

They laughed, dodging an attack as and restraining Nyx , lightly holding her down on the  training mat, "but what happens when you run into someone as equally fast, if not faster than you?"

Nyx didn't miss a beat, "I guess I'll die then."

Pulling Nyx to her feet, the trainer frowned, "wrong, because that'll make me look bad."

"And I'd hate to make you look bad... insert your name here," Nyx said, looking at the trainer expectantly. Nyx didn't want to think about how they had spent this long together and she still didn't know their name.

"Sam." the trainer, Sam, coughed as they looked off to the side innocently. Nyx grinned, finally putting a name to the face. 

"-SAM look bad!" Nyx finished graciously, holding out her hand and giving the trainer a fake thumbs up before looking shocked as the thumbs fought to stay up right, before dramatically turning into a thumbs down as Nyx blew a raspberry. 

Sam grabbed her outstretched hand and flipped her over on the mat, eyes widening at Hermes kicked her feet up from her position on the floor and forced Sam to flip over Hermes and join her on the mat with a pained wheeze.

"Good one." Sam wheezed in surprise, previously thinking they had caught Hermes by surprise.

Hermes let out a long, pained breathe, ignoring how quickly Sam had gotten up and "reset" them self and tried not to compare them to herself - feeling clumsy and slack.