13 | Midgardians Have Weird Names

LOKI AND NYX should never be in the same room together with Odin. Odin considered himself one who was slow to anger, but at this moment he was toeing the line as he stared down at the two as they snickered amongst themselves, willing himself to be patient. Annoyingly enough, he could see Frigga and Thor smiling softly at the pair, looking amused.

'Are you finished?' he grits out, trying not to yell for Frigga. Odin saw Nyx and Loki bit their lips and turn towards him to pay attention, acting much like children. For a moment, the royal family felt a hit of nostalgia as they watched Loki interact with the prisoner with how careless he looked – it was as if it was before his suicide attempt and his attempt to rule over Midgard.

Nyx, in retaliation to Odin, threw a frown his way before finally rolling her eyes and stopping her laughter. The pair were making fun of Odin, mainly because he had something in his teeth, and it was distracting them.

'I suppose so,' Loki drawled, his eyes flickering down to Odin's large, white beard with an amused smirk. He wanted to triple-confirm there was actually something in his teeth or if it was just Nyx casually hating on Odin again.

Odin sighed, running a hand down his face in exasperation, 'brilliant,' He breathed, gazing at them with an expression of stone, 'Thor has convinced me to allow Loki to repent for his crimes on Midgard,' He informed them, telling them information they already knew, 'you will remain on Midgard until Thor finds you worthy to return back to your cell or in extreme circumstances.'

This time, Queen Frigga stepped forward, 'Nyx, in light of your friendship with my son, it seems that he has begun to behave himself around you. Because of this, we will be sending you to accompany him down to Midgard to maintain a watchful eye and keep him in line.'

Thor's face twisted slightly as Odin interrupted Queen Frigga, 'do not think of this as freedom, prisoner,' he spat at Nyx, glaring fiercely at her, 'Frigga will bind you to Loki. Wherever he goes, you go. If you so much as step a toe out of range, you will die a slow, agonisingly painful death, he threatened with a dark smile, watching Nyx' eyebrow raise at him. He also saw as a smirk raise onto her face as she looked down at his beard before looking back up to meet his eyes.

'Sounds fun,' Nyx commented dryly, giving him a thumbs up 'I bet the whole "slow agonising death" thing was your idea then?'

Odin's eyes narrowed at her, 'you are a prisoner of Asgard, you do not get to ask questions.'

'So... I'm just going to make an ass out of you and me and assume I was right then,' Nyx nodded, grunting in pain as she felt the grip on her biceps tighten. She heard Loki snicker next to her.

'Do you truly think playing bodyguard with the mortals will somehow make me soft, like Thor?' Loki said sarcastically, looking at the three with a "are you ducking kidding me?" look.

'Thor, take them to the Bifrost.' Odin ordered, not giving Frigga a chance to say goodbye to her son, 'And Nyx,' he called, halting them from leaving the hall, 'I sincerely hope you try and figure out which distance you cannot go over.'

'Don't worry babe, I will,' Nyx winked, turning around to walk backwards, 'Oh yeah, you have something in your teeth – no, to the left – argh, too far – one tooth over – there! Jeez, finally! That was annoying me the entire time.'

Loki looked like he was about to explode but thought against it as he didn't want his freedom taken away again. Instead, he reached forward using both hands and grabbed the collar of Nyx' shirt and yanked her through the door as he saw Odin's face grow red with anger. Gods, the chains weren't helping him much.

When they arrived at the Bifrost, Queen Frigga was somehow already waiting for them. Nyx pinned it down to magic, as Loki had told her that his mother was a master sorcerous after all – and if it wasn't that then Queen Frigga must be one fast runner.