18 | Kiss it Better?

tw- panic attack mentioned and described. 

          IT DIDN'T matter how hungover Nyx was, morning training was a must. She wasn't exempt from it despite her annoying headache, her exhaustion, and her slight sickness - which wasn't very cool of them.

'Up,' her new trainer ordered, ignoring the woman's groans of pain as they dug their heel into Nyx's back, 'I won't ask again.'

Nyx groaned louder, panting heavily as she struggled to get up, 'dude, come on...' she breathed, her body sore, 'you've been beating me up all morning, I thought this was supposed to be training?' she argued, the fresh bruises littering her skin leaving her with a bitter feeling.

'Hm,' the agent pretended to think, 'don't care,' the agent told her, taking a step away and pulling the remote from her pocket and clicking it, causing electricity to pulse throughout Nyx's body. Nyx screamed in pain, reaching out to the agents foot uselessly as she crumbled to the ground again.

'I'm pretty sure this isn't how you train someone,' Nyx said breathlessly as the electricity stopped. Her body screamed at her to move, to run, to do anything!

The agent nodded, 'it isn't,' she agreed, not really giving an explanation as to why she was beating her bloody. Nyx felt frustration bubble up in her stomach as she shut her eyes tightly, willing herself to move.

'Are you even with Fury and his gang?' Nyx grunted, struggling to sit up, 'because I didn't see you yesterday...' she sang, refusing to look up at the woman.

This new agent took over her previous one, who had only spent the day with her. Nyx was distrustful, sue her, but after Nicolas introduces "Agent M" as her trainer for the next few months – regardless of rain or shine, injury or not, sickness and in health - only to replace the person the very next day? Nyx definitely had grounds for suspicion, which was the only reason why Nyx had even attempted to defend herself slightly, which mainly consisted of 'windmill arms' and laying on her back kicking upwards.

'I suppose telling you won't hurt, considering you most likely won't live to tell,' The women threatened her, a ugly smirk on her face, 'S.H.I.E.L.D. was laughably easy to infiltrate,' she revealed, what a shock, 'and when my boss heard there were new avengers in training from Asgard... well he was more than open to the idea of one...' she trailed off, '...disappearing from the team-'

Nyx deadpanned at the woman, 'are you really monologuing right now?'

'AND WHEN,' the agent yelled over Nyx, ignoring her words, 'I sadly heard one of the trainers for the baby-avenger had both their legs broken after falling down the stairs,' the woman said sarcastically, a mocking tone in here voice, 'I thought,' she grunted, pressing the button again, electrocuting Nyx again, 'hey,' she said aggressively as the shocks caused Nyx to spasm slightly, 'why don't I replace them?'

'You really are monologuing right now,' Nyx grit out tensely, sighing in relief as the electricity stopped, 'you know, you're a textbook villain, did Disney write you?'

'Patronise me all you want, we both know you're not getting out of here alive,' she laughed, 'that's one less 'AvEnGeR' off the list.'

Nyx rolled her eyes as the fake agent continued to monologue about how it was her chance, she was gonna get recognised, blah blah blah-

Like a god-sent miracle, a thought (which was a miracle in itself) entered Nyx's brain - the stupid agent is doing a stupid monologue, her back now turned away from her. The stupid agent had cornered her right in front of the door!

Nyx began to inch backwards to the door, quietly but effectively in an attempt to escape. Her mind was racing, remembering the day prior and realising that Loki and Thor are literally next door and inched a little faster, keeping tabs on then Queen of Monologues.