14 | Conversations to die for

NYX WAS all but shoved in a black van and was ordered to behave. She always behaved, thank you. She didn't know what they were on about, nope. No idea.

The man Tony had called Capsicle was staring at her with a confused look on his face and upon thinking back to her only interaction with the man, Nyx came to the conclusion that her random proclamation of Odin hating her must have confused him considering it was a little out of nowhere.

'Oh, I don't have any weapons or defensive capabilities. I can't hurt anyone, I don't think.'

'Well I'm not sure whether or not I trust you on that, ma'am.'

'Nah, Odin just hates me cuz I kept calling him an idiot. Needs an excuse to keep me locked up or whatever.'

Their knees almost touched as they sat facing one another, which felt a little awkward bot Loki being on her left and Thor on her right helped ease the feeling a little. She didn't pay attention to the other heroes that were sitting next to the blonde man.

To be honest, Nyx had simply came to the conclusion that Thor was ordered to tell them she was a dangerous criminal and that she was a liar and felt a little offended (but not surprised considering it's Odin) in order to keep the whole 'criminal in chains ooga booba' thing going.

Nyx felt the strange need to explain herself, she leaned forward and smiled at the blondie. The blonde man eyed her in suspicion, hand drifting towards his shield. Nyx huffed a little in exasperation but didn't say anything considering he was still wary of her. It was fair enough, but still a bit annoying.

'I know my little outburst before seemed a little random, but I really am not great at fighting, and I don't really use magic or anything like that. I know Oden just needed a reason to keep me in prison, and for you guys to keep treating me like a criminal,' she said, giving the man a thumbs up.

Raising an eyebrow, Capsicle relaxed, 'Thor told us you were a dangerous war criminal,' The blonde man flicked his eyes to Thor, who very aggressively looked away and avoided the man's gaze.

'What the- What in the slimy, scaley garflesnuff did you say?' Nyx spit out in surprise, narrowing her eyes and turning to Thor with an annoyed expression. The thunder god at least had the courtesy to look guilty as he tried to avoid eye contact still.

Thor was beginning to sweat under her piercing gaze, a weird feeling of danger washing over him the longer he tried to ignore the woman. Finally cracking, Thor turned away from the window and nervously met her eyes.

Sending the smaller white-haired girl an uneasy smile, he placed his hand on her shoulder, 'It was an order from Odin, my apologies Lady Nyx.' Capsicle and Jolly Green shared a confused look. If Odin had lied about Nyx, what else has he lied about?

'Damn straight you're sorry you overgrown Labrador!' Nyx snapped, crossing her arms over her chest with a huff. Loki looked unsurprised and mildly amused, knowing of Odin's bias and lies against those he doesn't like.

'Good Flur. What other lies has he spread about me?'

'So... you're not dangerous?' A man who she recognised as Jolly Green interjected, adjusting the glasses on his face. The soft words from the man sent Loki blanching, leaning into Nyx's side with a frightened look on his face.

Leaning closer to Nyx's ear, Loki whispered, 'Can we please change seats?'

Nyx sent him a weirded-out expression and shook her head as she brought her attention back to the blonde man.

'No!' she said, outraged. 'I am an 844-year-old burdesnirk!' she claimed, watching Loki roll his eyes. The other people in the car shared confused looks with each other, not knowing what a burdesnirk is, but gauging that it's probably a good thing since she framed her face with her palms in a show of her 'innocence'.

'No, you're not.' The trickster disagreed, sending her a knowing look. Before she was able to whack Loki, Thor interjected by slapping a hand over his mouth and holding back Hermes before she was able to launch herself at the trickster god.

He sent the squabbling children a scolding look, 'Although I do not know what a burdesnirk is, I'm sure Lady Nyx is one.' He said pointedly, trying to end a possible argument between the two children. Thor really felt like an older brother again, thinking of Nyx as a younger sister.

Nyx stuck her tongue out at Loki, feeling victorious. 'So Capsicle, your favourite colour blue or what?'

'What?'

'You like blue?' she repeated slowly, pointing to his outfit. The blonde man had his eyebrows furrowed, before a look of irritation washed over him. Jolly Green and Thor let out a laugh, with Loki smirking to himself.

He let out a long sigh, throwing his head back in annoyance, 'you talked to Tony, huh?'

Nyx nodded, not really seeing the problem, 'yeah he stuck this thing on me,' she told him, holding up her wrist to show her new bracelet, 'and told me everyone's names because I wasn't listening to eye patch.'

'That explains it,' the blonde man said to himself, 'my name is actually Steve Rogers,' he introduced, holding out his hand for her to shake. Leaning forward, Nyx slipped her hand into his larger one.

'I'm Nyx on most days.' She tells him, seeing his nose scrunch up in confusion.

'Most days?' Jolly G- wait, what's his real name?

She nodded, 'Yeah. It's like people's concept of gender identity. Loki told me this reality has gender identities too, but I'm not sure if that was just on Asgard or if it stretches...?' she trailed off, scrunching her nose up as she tried to explain.

The brunette man nodded nervously, 'yeah, that's a thing here too,' he nodded at her, smiling hesitantly. Almost nervously.

'Oh cool, so basically I feel like going by Nyx on some days and occasionally I feel like going by Hermes," Nyx smiled, shimmering her book and pen, scribbling down what she learnt about Midgard, 'oh yeah, what's your name? Tony said you were... Jolly Green?'

'Bruce Banner,' He introduced himself, his face having fallen flat at his nickname. He wasn't too fond of that reminder.

'Before you ask, Natasha Romanoff.' A woman interjected, breaking her silence with a slight smile, 'I almost don't want to know what my nickname was.'

Nyx gave her an impish smile, not being able to hold it in, 'triple Imposter.'

Natasha let out a small snort, beginning to warm up to the white-haired girl. The car came to a stop, the doors almost immediately opening and Nyx was yanked out roughly. Because of how unexpected and harshly Nyx was yanked out of the car (with the assailant somehow reaching past Thor's hulking figure and bypassing Natasha's intimidating aura), Nyx face planted on the ground with a loud 'splatt!'

'I choose violence,' Nyx whispered; her face flat against what felt like concrete. She heard Loki laughing at her, fuelling her anger. Pushing herself off the ground, she spun on her heal and launched a punch at the agent who grabbed her. Before her fist connected with the armoured material that covered the agents face, electricity pumped through her body and sent her to her knees, fist still raised. Nyx could barely hear the outraged yells of the cars inhabitants as she unconsciously clenched her jaw in pain, glaring at the man in black in front of her.

The agent, who previously didn't try and avoid the punch smirked and raised the butt of his gun, bringing it down hard on her temple, knocking her out. He shook his head, her punch looked pretty weak – and didn't even have proper form!

_

It's been a while so... hey (flirtingly).

THANK YOU FOR 2K READS ILY ALL <3

I have no idea where this story is going anymore but yolo 420 blaze it (I have had 3 hours sleep my bad og)

[25/05/2021] – not edited 😊
[14/02/2024] - edited ish.