part 07: unfortunatly for him

"he's doing well." lopi said to nanako and reki who were back in langas room.

"the surgery went smoothly besides one close call, which was expected, but he pulled through. we have a fighter." lopi said and nanako let out a breath of relief and grabbed a sleeping langas hand and held it in hers.

reki then smiled and let out a cough into his hand.

"now, we wait." lopi said and nanako nodded. lopi then said his goodbyes and left the two individuals.

"well i better get going before ala loses her mind." reki said with a laugh as he got up.

langa was in surgery for a total of three hours. the surgery was at ten in the morning. so it was one in the afternoon when he got out. they took him to his room and waited two hours for the doctor to come back with a report.

while they were waiting, cherry and joe brought all of langas gifts and set them on his counter where his tube cabinets are so that when langa woke up, he'd see them right in front of him, across the room.

now it was five and reki had to get to his own room before his appointment at six. if langa wasn't out of surgery by then, he would've one hundred percent skipped the appointment.

"tell her i said hi and i hope she's doing well." nanako said and reki nodded.

"i'll be here tomorrow. if he wakes up tell shins to fetch me." reki said and nanako nodded her head.

reki then walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. reki all of a sudden felt this pain in his chest and he started coughing.

it became hard to breathe and as he was gasping for air, he fell to his knees. he coughed and coughed and coughed. he then bent over and had one hand supporting him up from the ground.

"reki! fuck! someone get a bucket!" shins yelled as reki was clasping at his shirt near his chest area and started dry heaving. shins ran to reki got on his knees to hold onto him. a bucket was then given to shins and shins reached over and grabbed it, swiftly placing it under reki who gripped the sides of it.

reki continued coughing and kept retching into the bucket but nothing came out. reki's eyes watered from the lack of oxygen and the pain it was causing.

after about five seconds of dry heaving into the bucket, reki's coughs died down. he then did his breathing technique slowly as shins had his hand on reki's back.

reki then finally got a good breathing routine going and he sighed, his vision becoming clear again.

"ouch." reki said as he leaned up against the wall in between langas door and the next patient over. he sighed again and cleared his throat.

"reki, i don't study lung problems. please don't ever do that again." shins said and reki laughed and looked at shins who was getting up and taking the bucket.

"you got it." reki said as he closed his eyes and continued his breathing exercises. he then heard a familiar key jingle and he opened his eyes and saw ala running with an oxygen tank.

"what the- ala?"

"i swear to god, reki i cant let you go anywhere." ala said as she approached him and got on her knees. she put the oxygen tube in reki's nose and he scrunched his nose so that it would shuffle and fit smoothly.

she lifted his head and put it behind his head and tucked it behind his ears. she turned on the oxygen and looked at reki.

"how did you get here?" reki asked with closed eyes still.