part 09: references

the rest of the day ended up being a pretty boring day. langa came back saw reki sleeping on his bed and when his mom tried to wake him, langa refused.

"no, no it's okay." langa said and reki's mom looked at langa. "let him sleep."

so they let him sleep, and they talked. it was a chance for langa to tell the both of them what was happening. miya got sad hearing the details of it all and reki's mom frowned as well.

"reki told us you don't have very long." miya said as he turned off his switch and placed it in his lap. "i just hope you meet yuji." miya said sadly meeting eyes with langa and langa furrowed his eyebrows.

"wait, reki knows?" langa asked and miya dropped his mouth agape but then closed it.

"yeah, he over heard the doctor talking about it. now that we know what she said, i get why he broke down." reki's mom said and langa widened his eyes and turned his head to reki.

reki had his black jacket on even though it was mid april. reki was always cold. his chest was rising up and down in his sleep and occasionally, he'd stir.

"right." langa said and smiled then turned his head back to the two. "i talked to shins and he says he could get fired, but he let it pass for reki to continue teaching me." langa said and miya tiled his head. "so maybe, not tomorrow, but after a day or so we can continue, and miya i know you skate so you can join us." langa said and miya looked down.

"langa, this is only going to worsen you." miya said and he held his own hand. "i don't think i can skate with you knowing that." miya said as he squeezed his hands tighter.

"miya." lanag said and miya looked up at him and he saw langa tilt his head and smile with his eyes closed, like reki does. "it'll make me happy that you're there." langa added and miya's eyes widened and he looked away, crimson forming on his cheeks.

"i guess." miya said and langa chuckled a little. reki's mom smiled and she patted miya's thigh as she got up.

"well, i'm heading home. i have to make dinner for his sisters." reki's mom said with a sigh and both langa and miya nodded their heads.

after reki's mom made her exit, miya shared his switch with langa and they played multiplayer games. of course langa was utterly lost and miya teased him for it. then reki woke up.

he was moving in his sleep and then he stretched and sat up. he blinked his eyes as he rubbed his nose, careful not to disturb the tube.

his vision became clear and he saw miya sucking on what seemed to be an empty caprison, and langas knit eyebrows in frustration as he played against miya again.

"you're literally suck, i beat you every round." miya said as his controller vibrated indicating his victory and langa sighed.

"you play this everyday of course you're better." langa said as he closed his eyes and handed the controller back to miya.

"hi guys." reki called out and both of them snapped their heads to reki who was sitting up in bed, with a bead head, and he scratched the back of his nape.

"you wake up ugly-"

"hi, reki." langa said and reki would smile back at him but he got flabbergasted by his friend calling him an ugly riser.

"that's so rude of you, miya." reki said with sarcasm and a tad bit of hurt but he knew miya was joking.

"right? well." miya said as he stood up and placed his switch in his backpack that he'd always bring with him in this hospital.