part 10: normal as can be

reki got yelled at by ala. one, because he wasn't supposed to sleep in other people's rooms. two, if he told her before hand, then maybe she would've let him.

so shins had came and woke them up, knowing reki never left. ala was next to shins and she had her hands crossed over her chest while shins was totally here for whatever was going on.

"can you please start listening to me?" ala asked reki and reki scratched the back of his head.

"sorry, i just fell asleep." reki said as he slipped his shoes on and langa was under the covers still. not asleep, but sitting up and smiling.

"clearly." ala said but then uncrossed her arms and gave a smile to langa. "how you doing, kiddo?" ala asked and langa nodded his head.

"good, good. as good as can be." langa said and ala nodded and waited for reki to finish tying his shoes.

"by the way, how do you know each other?" reki asked as he stood up straight. "like langas mom even knows you, yet you work for the lung ward." reki asked and ala nodded.

"he was brought into the lung ward at first, everyone thinking he had weak lungs which is what caused him to throat up his food and lose his breath." ala said and reki nodded. "but that wasn't the case so they removed him and now he's here."

"oh dang." reki said and looked at langa. langa flat smiled at him and tilted his head.

"all good." langa said and reki nodded at him.

"well we should get going." ala said as she patted her thighs. "you didn't take your medication last night so we need to do that now." ala said and reki sighed but followed her out.

"i'll come by later." reki said as he turned and pointed to langa. langa nodded and laid back in bed, still kind of tired since it was seven in the morning.

ala shut the door as soon as reki walked out, giving a wave to her brother and langa. reki then walked a little forward to give ala room but waited so they could walk alongside each other.

"reki, you really need to stop putting yourself at risk." ala said as she walked past him and reki jogged up to catch up to her.

"what do you mean?"

"not taking your medication, not using the oxygen, and staying at a place where no one knows what to do if you lose your breath all of a sudden." ala said and looked at reki.

"remember that attack?" ala asked asked and reki nodded his head. "it was a bad one and you almost started hallucinating because of the oxygen lost from your brain." ala continued and reki's mouth fell agape slightly.

he knew it was bad and he was really, really dizzy at that time. he also couldn't breathe. he remembers bits and pieces of the event that happened.

"i'm sorry." reki said and as they approached the elevator, ala pressed the button. when the doors opened, she gestured for reki to go first and he stepped in, ala behind him.

"you're my patient reki." ala said as she pressed the button to their floor. "langa was too, but please don't make me keep you from him." ala said and reki snapped his head over to her.

"i don't want to do that but it'd be for your own safety because once you're in stage four it's bad. the oxygen will stop working and you will struggle." ala said and reki looked down.

the elevator doors opened and they stepped out, reki trailing behind ala. he didn't care what ala said, nothing was going to keep him from langa. they made a promise.

"langa doesn't have very long." reki blurted out as he kept his eyes glued to the floor. ala's heart stopped in her chest and she walked into reki's room.