PROLOGUE(Could also be named why the foster care system sucks)

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
D3@TH
MENTION OF ATTEMPTED M/RD3R
MENTION OF PAST CHILD @B*S3

     In and out, in and out. It's a continuous cycle. Some really young, or really old couple  want to foster a kid(It's never in between.),but can't handle a baby, and they get stuck with the 13-17-year-olds. It was once 11-17 but then 11-12-year-olds were put into their separate section and now it's 13-17.

      As you might expect,15(Almost 16)year old Tommy is in that section. Not that he ever gets chosen, he looks as scruffed as he acts. His hair is usually knotted, or at least it looks like it, there are cuts and scars all over his face from his parents and other foster homes, and he overall just gave off bad vibes, not that it was his fault.

     The kid had been through shit, from being abused to being ignored, to someone trying to murder him, too...god knows what, and people in general, didn't help, sure, some of the staff at the orphanage were nice, and it wasn't like they could do anything to help. But they could've at least tried.

      Anyways, the first time he had been brought into a room to meet with one of those couples, he was 13. It was an older couple, probably about their late 50s, everything seemed perfect, the couple only had one son, and he was around Tommy's age too! This was gonna be Tommy's home. He was sure of it.

        That was the last time Tommy had ever had trust in a home.

       Everything went well for a few months, he and Purpled(Well his real name was Grayson, but no one ever used that.)got along really well!He lived there for about a year,and he felt like they were his real parents!

Until...That day.September 16th.Tommy's 'father' was killed in a car accident. The rest of that month, and for the next two months were hell. By then Tommy was 14, and Purpled was about 15.

Tommy's 'mother' couldn't handle two teenage boys, so, she had to bring Tommy back to the foster home. Tommy understood, or at least he tried to. He was allowed to keep most of the stuff from staying with her, of course, couldn't take any of the big stuff, but he still had his phone, his clothes, and both her and Purpled's phone number, just in case something happened.

From then on, Tommy tried to avoid getting attached to people, and for the next 2 or so years of his life, he watched other kids come and go, and it was torture,

Until...About a month or two from his 16th birthday.