CHAPTER 5|Runaway Dream

Tw:
Death
Crying
Running away
Thats all I think(let me know if I missed anything)
(Tommy's pov)
   The rest of the day goes by pretty quickly, I eat breakfast and lunch and fall asleep around 3 pm.

   When I wake up, I'm standing on the edge of a road, with Purpled in the middle, smiling. I stare at him for a few seconds before quietly asking, "What're you doing here?"

      He just continues to stand there smiling, silently staring. Just staring. Just staring. Staring for what felt like years. Until a car drives by, quicker than I can react.

      Drives directly until the middle of the road.Right into Purpled...Killing him. It killed Purpled. It killed Grayson. It fucking killed him.

       I feel myself drop to my knees and begin to cry."Purpled?"I sob."Purpled no..."

       I wake up sobbing, I try to breathing in between sobs, trying to calm myself down. I look around, trying to figure out where the fuck I am?Where am I?Where the fuck am I?I hear footsteps and try to quiet my crying more.

      "Tommy?"A monotone voice asks,opening my door and then I remember where I am. Phil's house.

       "I-I'm f-fine" I stutter out, trying to calm myself down.

        "You sure about that kid?"I feel a hand rubbing my back, and I steady my breathing.

       "Yeah.Yeah I'm fine."I breathe again for a sec, "Good morning I guess."

     "It's only 9pm,Dad's home,you want me to go get him?"Techno asks, still rubbing my back.

     "No, I'm fine."

      "Alright...If you ever need anything we're all here."And then he leaves.

       I stare at the wall on the side of my room, and then my eyes move to the window.

      Seeing as it's taking too long to get kicked out naturally, I'm gonna take matters into my own hands.

      I grab my things and pack a small bag, putting a small number of clothes, the whole 20$ I have to my name, my phone and my charger in the bag.

     I open the window quietly to inspect the outside.There is no way in fuck that I'm getting out through that window. I quietly walk downstairs, sneaking past Phil's room(who I know is asleep), past Wilbur's room who I'm also fairly sure is asleep, and past Techno's room, who I barely know anything about.

     I look down the stairs and judging by the empty living room, Techno's also already asleep. I tiptoe down the stairs, and through the living room.

    I unlock the door, open it and step outside. Once outside I begin walking down the street, contemplating calling Purpled or Julia. I decide against it, and just begin walking towards the park, deciding to hang out there for the night. I sit at the top of one of the slides for a few hours, just thinking, and before I know it, it's starting to get light out.

(Philza's Pov)

    I woke up and began getting ready for work, once I was dressed and ready, I went and made sure Will and Techno are up, and then I went and checked on Tommy.

    I'm worried about him, I mean he's obviously not gonna like us immediately, but Techno and Will both warmed up to me within two weeks...

    "Tommy?"I call out, knocking on his door.

     I opened the door to leave another note, but he wasn't there. His bathroom door was open, so he couldn't be in there.

    "Will?Have you seen Tommy?"I call out, running downstairs.

    "What?Is he gone again?"

     "What do you mean again?!"

      "Nothing, nevermind!"

      "Techno,you wait here to see if Tommy comes back,Wilbur, you help me come look for him!"I yell, grabbing my jacket and keys and running out the door, Wilbur not far behind me.

     Both I and Wilbur get into my car and I begin driving.

     "So...What did you mean Tommy's gone again?"I begin, looking out my window.

      "It's nothing...Hey we should check the park!"Wilbur changes the subject.

     I turn and drive in the direction of the park.

     "Will,why doesn't Tommy like me?I'm trying my best,and-"

       "He's just not used to this.He'll get used to you eventually."Will cuts me off.

       "Are you sure?It really seems like he hates this place...Should I just bring him back?Would that be better for him?"

       Before I know it I'm pulling into the parking lot of the playground.

     "Bringing him back would be worse for him."Wilbur says, unbuckling.

     We both get out of the car and begin looking around the playground.

(Tommy's pov)

    What if they actually did want me?What if-

    My thoughts were cut off by a car door shutting.

     That's Phil's car.Shit.I try to hide but its too late. Wilbur already saw me.

      "Tommy!You're okay!"Wilbur says running up to the slide.

      I scramble back and go down the ladder slowly, preparing to run for it.

     "Tommy..." Phil suddenly appears behind me.

      "I-I'm s-sorry..." I stutter out, looking down.

       "Tommy...There's nothing to be sorry for,I'm just glad your okay."Phil says, "Now let's go home."