Nine - Effusion

Copen looked around at the damaged room he stood in looking at the burned and destroyed threads of hair that lingered around the place. He scoffed though as the Adept got away. Copen wondered what in them changed and caused them to escape so suddenly. They appeared to have accepted their fate of death before something clicked in their minds. But he at least got what he came here for and that was another shard.

Copen: Well . . . At least I was able to retrieve this, a shame that the Adept got away though. Lola, do you think you can find the Adept?

Lola: Sadly no, I don't think I'll be able to track them down

Lola: Sadly no, I don't think I'll be able to track them down. That Adept was pretty fast especially with that ability of theirs. But oh well, we got what we want so we should head back.

Copen nodded, leaving would be good for them right about now. Knowing more people would show up at any moment. He did not wish to deal with more of them for right now. Walking out of the exit, he still wondered as to where did the Adept go. Hopefully, Copen will see them again finally be them down for good.

~Elsewhere~

Vision growing hazy, breathing unstable, and gravity was not being helpful to her right about now. Desna's Septima body sparked and buzzed from the damage she had received from Copen. While walking through the allies to get away from the Adept Slayer, she feared he was still after her. But it seemed he was not as it had been about seven minutes since she escaped his clutches. 

Desna's Thoughts: I can't believe I allowed this to happen. Zonda and Tenjian will not be too happy to know that another shard has been lost to the enemies. How could I have been so careless?

Clutching her sparking and damaged right arm, Desna decided to revert. A large book appeared in front of her, opening it butterflies flew out and swarmed around Desna. After a while, her body reverted to normal, but she was still in a disarray. Her regular clothes are ripped and messy in different areas. Cuts and scratches lingered on her body and her right arm was bleeding heavily. Desna's vision blurred and she felt gravity slam into her even more, but she fought this off.

Desna knew she had to get back to Eden, but feared she would not make it before collapsing from blood loss and exhaustion. But that's when the Eden Agent realized she was quite close to another person's house. Praying she would make it before she collapsed, Desna slowly made her way to her boyfriend's home. Hoping to the stars above that he was home and could help.

~Meanwhile~

Y/N: Okay . . .  It's official Volt . . . We. Are. Lost!

Gunvolt: We are not lost, if we keep going forward we should be able to find Eden. Besides, haven't you noticed that the water has been rising?

Y/N: Dude, I feel like we've been going in circles for the past 25 minutes!

Xiao Wu: Can't you use your Psychokinesis to detect where Eden is?